iPod and radio signal faults

s3_kev

Stage2'd!!!!!!
Reaction score
Hi guys I've only had my 8p s3 for a couple of weeks now and there's a few bits bugging me on the stereo side of things, 1st off is the radio signal being poor I've done some searching on this and reckon it might be the antenna at the rear screen, however I want to upgrade to RNS-E once funds allow so I really don't want to be changing the antenna yet as there be swapped over come the headunit change? mine's currently just a concert item. But is there any known fixes that I've not come across as of yet? or any other ideas as to where the problem may lie?

My other issue is that my iPod plugs in and plays fine when I 1st start the car but once I move off and go around 10mph and the doors self lock most the time but not always the iPod will stop playing through the stereo and I have to unplug it and reconnect (sometimes a few times) and it comes back on, could this be linked with the door looking? or is there a fault with my stereo? I've not got another iPod to try or atleast not yet tried another iPod. Another thing possibly related after doing a little research is that the iPod should be getting charged whilst plugged into the car? mine says that charging is not supported on the iPod screen.

cheers guys

Depends on how much it bothers you, as if you're going to invest in rns, which given your year requires antenna upgrade to have optimal reception, I would save the money & use for the upgrades instead of fixing current setup.

Check the rear screen elements for any damage & inside bootlid for signs of water damage.

Yeah I'd leave the radio signal issue until the upgrade (be early next year) I did notice yesterday that one of the rear screen elements has a break in it, I've ordered some of the repair paint kit you can get hopefully that will arrive tomorrow.

Would the upgrade likely cure the iPod fault if it's the car at fault? I've still yet to check with another iPod if I still get the same fault

cheers

Ipod charging issues will more than likely be down to the change in charging pins, adapters are usually the cure for this.

If there is an element broken, then yes this could cause the issue.

Reactions: s3_kev
I've got an extension cable I use so the iPod can still be handled without being wedged into the glove box, I reckon the fault will be down to my iPod.. I will just get a spare iPod to try for this as there's not a common fault

cheers again, hope to see you in the new year