ipod 80gig or vision m ?

tj1978

MRX
Reaction score
looking at both these players..

I understand both are good at audio, but i would like to hear if any owners of either of these models in regards to video playback..

Which has the best video support.. Im interested in playing my Divx films. Will I have to re-encode all my DVD's to get them to play on these devices...

Thanks and regards

Tim

Just got one of the 80 gb ipod videos today. Am just having a play with it now. You have to rencode any movie you want to play on it which isnt a great deal of hassle with the right programme. I have just done a quick music vid and the quality is pretty crystal for a small screen with good sound so I am pleased with it. Its quite a big unit compared to the other Ipod but I like to hoard music and now I can do both with video as well.

ipod vids are quite cool mate, like s3k said, with the right software the re-encoding is a doddle to do, i even have a piece of software( freely available from the right places) that permits mobile phone short films or movies to be put on the ipod vid too;):D

He he yep its a quality bit of kit. Only thing is I aint got a high speed usb port so transferring takes blimmin ages :(