Iphone

Reaction score
Ive just been given an iphone and could do with some advice regarding it,i think its the original type (8gb) but how do i tell (it has a silver metal back with a black plastic section at the bottom),it currently on O2 but i would liker to use it on vodaphone so is unlocking it possible,in the app's it has winterboard,install0us and cydia does anyone know what these are for and finally i wanted to download soem app's but its says that my iphone is the wrong version (3.0.1 7A400 ) So how do i go about changing this ??

if it has winterboard then that would suggest to me that it is already unlocked, try another sim.
if not then download blackra1n, ( yes its spelt like that ) this will jailbreak and unlock it.
if your wanting to update the firmware, dont go to the latest ( 3.1.3 ) you will loose your ability to be jailbroken and unlocked, ( well not entirly true but it makes life alot harder ) and as you dont sound very iphone friendly so to speek then only go up to 3.1.2.
cydia is a fantastic way of downloading stuff for free and personalising your iphone.

here is a link for blackra1n http://blackra1n.com/ its so simple to use its untrue, just activate it, use your iphones lead to connect to pc ( dont allow itunes to open ) and when prompted press make it rain.

Ive used the winterboard and it lets me change the themes and wallpapers etc ,the phone will come up with vodafone and the signal ok but says please insert the correct sim card for the carrier.Ive tried black rain but on my pc i just get a windows error message every time and on my laptop it flags up my virus warning and brings up an error about an invalid path what ever that means .

Forgot to ask how do i update to 3.1.3 as i can only find the option to update to 3.1.3 in itunes.

there is no a jailbreak for 3.1.3 so should be fine to update to that then unlock and jailbreak

sorry i meant how do i update to 3.1.2 ??

type the same question into youtube, theres plenty of info on there and it allows you to pause and trace your steps

Right i seem to be getting somewhere(allmost)i have put a vodafone sim car in the phone and gone into carriers and selected vodafone,it gets a signal and says vodapone on the screen but then says "different sim conneted.please connect to itunes",ive done this but it says that the sim card is not supported,any idea's ??

Hypothetically speaking, you could after checking if your iphone is compatible, upgrade to 313 firmware within itunes which is latest atm, then use Snowbreeze to jailbreak the firmware, then within cydia use Fuzzyband to lower the baseband to below 512 to 4 something, then also within cydia use Ultrasnow to unlock the handset.

I may have seen this done before, do I need to hint anymore.

The most important thing to do is "READ THE LINK" above, dont ask anymore as I cant advise hypthetically further for obvious reasons, just "READ" then it should become clear.