1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

iPhone XS Max - Phone Directory on MMI

RG Jan 4, 2019

1. RG

RG A3'ist Becoming the A4'ist

Hi,

I got the iPhone XS Max over xmas and when joining it to my car via Bluetooth, I cant get my contact numbers directory to download to the car, neither can i see any recent calls.

I did try the download option but it showed Zero contacts in my phone.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,
    RG

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. V6_Man

V6_Man Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

I got mine over the Christmas and it works fine on my A3 8V as well B8.5 S4 (apologies as it is not a B9). When you connect the phone if you go to Directory --> Settings it allows you to delete previously connected phones and their contacts. Maybe try doing that.

You also need to make sure iPhone has the latest o/s on it.

If you have CarPlay, did you try unpairing CarPlay from the car and deleting car profile from your phone and then reconnecting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Soot1e

Soot1e Registered User

After clicking the "yes" button to accept the code when initially pairing the phone, did you then click the "allow" button on the next pop up on your phone so that the car can access your contacts etc . The second pop up doesn't remain on the screen for long and is often missed. Delete the phone from the paired devices via settings and delete the MMI code from your phone, then attempt to re-pair.

5. Fozzie1960

Fozzie1960 Registered User

Have you enabled Sync Contacts in the phone settings,

Settings>Bluetooth>Audi MMI