iPhone XR disconnecting and re connecting via AMI cable

Reaction score
Hi. Im a newbie here so first introductions. I have owned one Audi A6 before. Then BMW 5 series x 2. Mercedes E280 Sport and a BMW 420 coupe before my now Audi A5 Sportback.

I have upgraded my MMI 3G Plus firmware to the latest version. Im using a yellow collar AMI to lightning cable with my iPhone XR running IOS 13.1.3 (which is not great).

It connects for about 20 seconds then disconnects. It then cycles like this. I have had it work about 1 in 20 times.

Bluetooth is connected as handsfree and works fine as bluetooth audi0 but I can not navigate the iPhone to choose different playlists hence I would like to connect via the AMI cable.

Yes SD card works but my music is via Apple Music subscription so I can not transfer the files to the card.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers.

There may be light at the end of the tunnel.
I spoke to Audi this afternoon. Apparently the colour of the collar on the cable denotes the car and not the latest version or phone.
I bought mine off eBay thinking yellow was the current version. When in fact my car 2014 A5 should be a white collar.
I am going over to Audi to try and buy. I will post back with the results

Well I have tried the white collar cable and it is worse. I no longer have album art and I can not change tracks. Anyone got any suggestions?

Further to my last. I went back to Audi to be now told the yellow collar was actually correct. (White lead refunded). So did a bit more digging.

I tried it with my iPad which is still on IOS 12. Worked perfect. iPhone IOS 13.1.3 disconnects again. Did some more research and is was suggested to turn off the following in

Settings/Battery/Battery Health - Optimise Battery Charging. Did this and bingo!

I will monitor over the next few days and report back any findings.