Facelift iPhone X & S3/Wireless Charging Box?

HulkRS3

Kyalami RS3 Saloon
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone has the iPhone X yet and whether the Wireless Charging feature works out the box with our S3s? Obviously I have Tech Pack Adv so it has the charging box included.

Cheers

Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone has the iPhone X yet and whether the Wireless Charging feature works out the box with our S3s? Obviously I have Tech Pack Adv so it has the charging box included.

Cheers

If nobody manages to help by tomorrow, a friend in work has an S3 Saloon with the wireless charging I believe and I will ask him to test my phone.

If nobody manages to help by tomorrow, a friend in work has an S3 Saloon with the wireless charging I believe and I will ask him to test my phone.

From what I read it should be compatible but don't get my X until this Friday.

I tried my brothers Samsung and it worked, couldn't try mine as I'm on the 6S Plus for the next couple of months.

Reactions: HulkRS3
Works like a treat buddy

Reactions: AudiNutta and HulkRS3
I have one, works perfect though mostly pointless as if I’m putting my phone in the armrest it’s usually to connect the car play anyway so will charge through cable - also my X has a case on it and it still works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My iPhone 7 works with a wireless charging case. The charge is similar speed to the cable.

Thanks guys

I have one, works perfect though mostly pointless as if I’m putting my phone in the armrest it’s usually to connect the car play anyway so will charge through cable - also my X has a case on it and it still works fine.

Interesting. I absolutely hate car play haha.

Reactions: deanshaw24
The iPhone X charges fine in the A3/S3 with wireless charging and it also reminds you that your phone is still in the car when you turn the ignition off just like when you plug a cable in to the iPhone.

Reactions: AudiNutta, Daveotto, The Challinor and 1 other person
The iPhone X charges fine in the A3/S3 with wireless charging and it also reminds you that your phone is still in the car when you turn the ignition off just like when you plug a cable in to the iPhone.

That's a handy feature, saved me leaving it in there a few times.

On the subject of the iPhone X what sort of deals have all you guys got?

I’m on sim only so just bought mine from Apple - lovely phone too, already used to having no home button.

Reactions: Tom.H
Ohhh off topic sort of! But what are peoples reviews on the new iPhone 10? Was looking to buy one direct from Apple and just putting my pay monthly sim in it, but when I went to order it they said 5-6 week wait! So think I'll wait until I can get it the same day.

Deals? I wish!

I even lost my loyalty discount upgrading to it. Because the EE logo is now on the Apple website, apparently they are banned from discounts.

£179.99 upfront and £77.99 a month for the 256GB on a 40GB data plan.

Ohhh off topic sort of! But what are peoples reviews on the new iPhone 10? Was looking to buy one direct from Apple and just putting my pay monthly sim in it, but when I went to order it they said 5-6 week wait! So think I'll wait until I can get it the same day.

It’s brilliant! I was looking forward to getting it, it’s a lot of money for what is an iPhone like any other but works so well.

The phone looks stunning, absolutely seamless. I’ve had a few occasions where it’s frozen when testing Animoji’s, just inevitable software glitches that sort themselves out.. happened twice that’s worth noting... not a factor to consider when buying though.
The edge to edge screen is fab, it looks awesome when you increase the size of a video. I take these screens for granted, compared it to my mates Sony phone yesterday and wow, the clarity and detail is insane. His Sony in places just showed a dark screen, whereas on mine you’d see a rock face. The 4K test videos on You Tube are great.

Only once or twice have I gone to press the home button and it not be there, I got used to it within the hour and to be honest.. it’s smoother, much more fluent to use.
The phone is very fast, no waiting time at all.

Face ID? Now this was a reason I didn’t want the phone, I felt so disappointed to lose Touch ID but it’s fantastic. On Safari it searches for your face for passwords before it could cross your mind. Two days I’ve been using it, I’ve only had to enter my password once and that was about an hour ago. I’m in work with a hair net and ear defenders on, wear glasses at home and it’s not batted an eyelid. It’s even opened when my hand has been in front of my face, very impressive and it works just as well in the pitch black. It’s cool that you have to give it attention, you can wave the phone around in front of your save all you like, until you look it won’t unlock. Only very occasionally will it spend half a second scanning my face after I’ve swiped up to open it. 98% of the time, by the time your thumb has swiped up it’s unlocked, genuinely mind blowing. It’s like using an iPhone with no password, much better than Touch ID.. your finger is already on the screen.

It’s the well constructed, well thought out perks that we pay the Apple Premium for.. I’m impressed by one of them in particular. Notifications; lift the phone and it will show a notification as “New Reminder” “Text Message”, etc and will show that to anybody who picks it up. As soon as it sees your face, it shows you the full preview so only you can see what’s on your phone... fantastic!

Negative note?... I’ve always gone for white iPhones which I have in the X, but the still black front is a pig for dust!! It went in my pocket once and came out dusty. Wrap it up in a cover and tempered glass screen protector. Mine was in a case 30 seconds after it came out of a box. It’s in excess of £400 for the screen if replaced with the mic and speaker. I’m looking at the AppleCare+ plan for £199, 2 years extended warranty and screen replacements for £25!!

Well I ended up dragging that out, excuse the Apple Fanboy in me. Summary; get one and admire the beautiful build quality but be sure to wrap it up extremely tight.

Regards to waiting times, EE still have the offer of the free £130 Beats X headphones by the way. A mate ordered through Vodafone the day before yesterday and he will have his phone by Wednesday next week. The 256GB model will be more readily available. Apple wait times are extreme, go to a carrier.

OK cheers for that, been looking around at networks over the last few months, Virgin (EE) signal at home has gone rubbish! So I ordered a Vodafone, EE, O2 and Three sim....I tried them all and Vodafone was full signal at home and in work....so that's the way to go for me.

I found this deal: Unlimited mins, unlimited texts, 16GB data, Spotify premium, all for £19 per month on a 12 month contract, which when you take out the cost of Spotify @ £10 works out a great deal. Both Carphone warehouse and direct with Vodafone are doing it! Not sure who would be the best to go with...any advantages with one over the other???

Which case did you get? I was thinking this one, as it has a card slot in the back which would be handy for my emergency override card/code for the Ghost system I have just had fitted to the car...I never go anywhere without the phone! :): http://www.spigen.co.uk/cell-phone/...phone-x-case-crystal-wallet.html#.Wf8djmi0M-U

Deals? I wish!

I even lost my loyalty discount upgrading to it. Because the EE logo is now on the Apple website, apparently they are banned from discounts.

£179.99 upfront and £77.99 a month for the 256GB on a 40GB data plan.

Think I'm just gonna go 64GB again as that's done me fine, looking at probably 15GB as 20GB has gone and I never used all that. Looking at £54.39 a month thanks to the work discount.

Anyone with a new iphone X....really is mad paying that AMOUNT of dosh for a frickin phone is berserk

Reactions: TYb
Anyone with a new iphone X....really is mad paying that AMOUNT of dosh for a frickin phone is berserk

Not really - no different to paying what we pay for our cars when other cheaper cars do essentially the same or say paying for extra expensive paint on said car

Reactions: S32B, Jimbo10, eugegall and 2 others
I agree Nearly £80 a month for a phone
Madness......

Thats more than a thought it was......price ye pay for "Boat race recognition" l could lease a Toyota Aygo for £89 bangers a month....lol

Reactions: T-800
Thats more than a thought it was......price ye pay for "Boat race recognition" l could lease a Toyota Aygo for £89 bangers a month....lol

Apples pricing on the new X is bonkers at £1100

Reactions: Jassyo06
I have an x.

I have an S3 with Tech pack.

Where is it?

Don't worry, I figured it out and it works perfectly!!

Amazing.

Reactions: AudiNutta and JDHOWELLS
Reactions: JDHOWELLS
£52pm £250 up front. 15GB data month. 64Gb model

Reactions: AudiNutta