Iphone wireless sleeve now available

They won't sell many with that hideous bump on the bottom

Also when did plugging your phone to charge become such a hardship that you'll sink nearly 40 quid to charge wirelessly?

Reactions: cuke2u
I think that that 'hideous bump on the bottom' is the actual receiver that enables the wireless charging. The real problem as I see it, is that CarPlay is only enabled by plugging the phone in to a USB port and I don't think you can use CarPlay via Bluetooth (because Bluetooth is disabled when CarPlay is in use). If that's right, I would have thought that most iPhone users would prioritise CarPlay over wireless charging.

They won't sell many with that hideous bump on the bottom

Also when did plugging your phone to charge become such a hardship that you'll sink nearly 40 quid to charge wirelessly?
A bit like the argument for and against any technology, some would say autolocking and electric windows are not necessary either...

Love the wireless charging, its so handy! who on earth actually has time to plug in their phone :whistle2:
*Galaxy S7 owner :rock:

Reactions: Sandra
iPhone owner. I'll plug in for long journeys and use Spotify over CarPlay.

Otherwise sticking with SD/Bluetooth, so wireless would be nice, but not with that case! One day we'll catch up!

For anyone interested in the wireless charging, iPhone or otherwise, you just need to look for Wireless QI charging. Available as sleeves for iPhones, or built into many premium Android handsets.

CarPlay won't work, unless Audi update their MMI to support the CarPlay wireless functionality which Apple have planned.

That said, I personally found the CarPlay interface really disappointing, and ended up disabling it in favour of using the MMI functionality which was much more intuitive

For the past couple of years I've used an IQI wireless card plugged into my iPhone 6 and tucked into the back with an apple case. You wouldn't even know it is wireless charged. In the car, B8, I have a wireless charging unit slotted into one of the cup holders plugged into the USB socket in the centre console. So easy to just drop the phone into the charger with no need to plug and unplug. I plan on carrying on with the same in my B9 that I pick up in a couple of weeks.

At home and in the office I use LG wireless charging cradles which are folding so great for travel.

Links:

Wireless card

Cup holder charger

LG wireless charging cradle

Reactions: PhxViper
Nice! I knew there was a slender version around somewhere - very neat! Will consider that when I get my B9

Love the wireless charging, its so handy! who on earth actually has time to plug in their phone :whistle2:
*Galaxy S7 owner :rock:
I find mine doesn't work in my car I got a s6 edge plus

That's strange mate! the s6 does have wireless charging capability...

The wireless cards look good but are a no go for many people like me, who use clear cases, as it would look daft with the card showing through the case!