iPhone Bluetooth with rnse on S3

Nathan_jones2002

Reaction score
Hi all,

picked up my 2009 S3 yesterday but for the life in me I can't get my iphone 4 to connect to the rnse. I beleive the S3 has bluetooth capabilities as standard.

when I search for devices on my phone it just keeps searching.

Not sure if its an iPhone fault or what but all help is appreciated... Thanks.

Do a search within the 1st few minutes of ignition on, see if it finds audi uhv device, if so then its got bt.

if it doesnt, then feel free to pm me as I can supply/fit the factory bt system.

Do a search within the 1st few minutes of ignition on, see if it finds audi uhv device, if so then its got bt.

if it doesnt, then feel free to pm me as I can supply/fit the factory bt system.

i tried that, I have read that the iPhone 4S can be very funny with Bluetooth. Is there a way to check if the car has BT as I'm sure S3s come with it as standard.

S3's don't come with it as standard, I bought my 2010 BE in September and had the BT retrofitted by the dealer.

S3's don't come with it as standard, I bought my 2010 BE in September and had the BT retrofitted by the dealer.

3687AE47-5066-4639-B50A-42C80D0A6EDC-79029-00000F4737D77E4C.jpg

says here telephone prep, bluetooth interface or am I missing something.

i tried that, I have read that the iPhone 4S can be very funny with Bluetooth. Is there a way to check if the car has BT as I'm sure S3s come with it as standard.

Only way to check 100% is to logon with vcds & check for the module or visually check under the passengers seat, but I dont think its fitted as never had problem with a 4 or 4S finding the audi BT.

Is that spec list the up to date one though? I think a few of the extras became standard around 2011/2012.

Easiest way to tel without all this spec looking up is to press the TEL button on your RNS-E

If it says "Telephone not installed" then you don't have bluetooth.

Easiest way to tel without all this spec looking up is to press the TEL button on your RNS-E

If it says "Telephone not installed" then you don't have bluetooth.

yeah, it says telephone not installed. I thought that would mean I needed to pair it with my phone... Oh well, look like NHN is getting a PM.