iPhone 7

A non event personally and with the loss of a headphone jack, a step backwards despite people saying wifi/bt is the future.

An adapter is supplied but can not charge and listen with my RHAs

My iPhone 6 will most likely be my last iPhone

I've always planned to upgrade a year after release so bugs are resolved.

Looks like android is my next phone

I'll be getting one...

No there is no "major" improvements, and I can see how removing the 3.5mm jack would be annoying for alot of people. But I use my phone many hours a day. A newer one with better battery and processor than my current iPhone 6 will be worth the price to me in my honest opinion.

I will be going from a "normal" iPhone 6 to a iPhone 7 Plus so again, bit of a difference to myself.

I do think about going over to android every now and again, but I just don't (personal opinion) think android works as smoothly as iOS, as i found out setting up Apple CarPlay and Android Auto on the new car the other day...

Reactions: rasA4
I'll be sticking to the same size, so looking at the iPhone 7. will have to look at a way to use bluetooth - 3.5mm jack so i can still use the headphones if need be.
Not sure what solutions they have for using their headphones and the charger

if the next release would be a slightly bigger screen 5" would be ideal i think 5.5 Plus is just that too big

Will be getting one in January when I am due an upgrade. Have to stick with iPhones due to having the Apple Watch.

Just have to decide on which of the black models to go for

Well I was going to get the 7, but to be honest it doesn't blow me away enough! So I'm sticking with what I have for now and the money I would have spent on the phone will be going towards getting this:

k3973_2.jpg

But I missed out the 'going towards' bit when I told the wife of my plan ;):D

Reactions: ScottishA4B9, jojo, batch and 5 others
The iPhone 7 is a minor upgrade - next major upgrade will be the 7S unless Apple change the update cycle.
The upgrade on my 6S isn't due until next year anyway so will see what happens with the 7S.

Reactions: WarwickL and rasA4
I've preordered one, collect it next Friday. Was a bit underwhelmed, since I have a 6S at the moment and didn't see many big improvements. Agree with @PhxViper above, I use mine throughout the day for work email and appointments, so having the faster processor and battery is good enough for me. Also had a few failures with previous iPhones, so keeping outside of the 1 year warranty makes me slightly nervous.

@S32B Hell yeah! On my agenda too... maybe for Christmas! :D

Reactions: S32B and PhxViper
not a big enough upgrade from my 6S to think its worth it... only thing i was considering was getting a jet black to match my new black edition Audi ;)

Reactions: James_TDi
I'll be sticking to the same size, so looking at the iPhone 7. will have to look at a way to use bluetooth - 3.5mm jack so i can still use the headphones if need be.
Not sure what solutions they have for using their headphones and the charger

if the next release would be a slightly bigger screen 5" would be ideal i think 5.5 Plus is just that too big

5.5" of the i phone 6 was too much bezel making the phone too big , maybe the 7 is better ?

I'm happy without shovels for hands with Samsung's 5.7" offerings .

I wouldn't have upgraded from the 6S either personally, but the year warranty mentioned by @Gordo77 is a good point.

Pre-ordered mine this morning, and added on the series 2 watch at the last minute as well. Arriving all together early October. Misses will most likely kill me before then...

Reactions: Sandra, Scottyg and Gordo77
I've got a watch already, wouldn't be without it now

Reactions: PhxViper
i've only had mine a few months, couldn't wait, and only paid £190 brand new off ebay

i've only had mine a few months, couldn't wait, and only paid £190 brand new off ebay
Wow good price !
If they did a round watch I'd be more interested

Which one have you gone for mate?

Standard 4.7" 32Gb silver. Current iPhone is black so fancied the change.

Mazuma Mobile are offering £300 for the 6S, which is in mint condition, so that covers half the cost of the 7!!

Standard 4.7" 32Gb silver. Current iPhone is black so fancied the change.

Mazuma Mobile are offering £300 for the 6S, which is in mint condition, so that covers half the cost of the 7!!
Sounds a good deal, also check out https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/trade-in.html

A mate of mine sent his off (can't remember which one he used) and they then dropped the price saying it was marked! He told them to send it back, when he received it the phone had damage on it that wasn't there when he sent it off and they also forgot to send the charger back!

Reactions: Gordo77
I will be upgrading to the 6 just can't decide black or jet black in 128gb

I will be getting the black one as soon as I can upgrade at the beginning of January

I've bought the 32g black. I wanted the jet black, but don't need 128g.

I don't think it's going to be anything too special compared to the 6, but I couldn't wait until next year when it's their 10th anniversary, because my son has started secondary school and needs to upgrade his 4. I get the 7 and he will have my 6.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well I was going to get the 7, but to be honest it doesn't blow me away enough! So I'm sticking with what I have for now and the money I would have spent on the phone will be going towards getting this:

k3973_2.jpg

But I missed out the 'going towards' bit when I told the wife of my plan ;):D
That is sweet. I love the Seamaster.

Just a heads up for anyone trading in, Game are offering pretty good rates. I got £285 for my iPhone 6 with 64GB.

I must admit though, had the 6 and 7 side by side for a few days, really seems like a pointless upgrade. The camera is definitely better but is it worth the money? I don't think so, certainly wouldn't bother if you have a 6s!

Reactions: LargeAudi
I can get one now if I want as I can pay off the upgrade price by recycling my 6. Heard a few people say that the upgrade is not really worth it

Not sure what to do now to be honest

The 7 is the first new iPhone I've been underwhelmed by. I've got another year left on my 6S contract, not sure if I'll bother upgrading to the 7S - may take out a sim only deal to save myself a few quid and see what the 8 looks like

Reactions: WarwickL
The 7 is the first new iPhone I've been underwhelmed by. I've got another year left on my 6S contract, not sure if I'll bother upgrading to the 7S - may take out a sim only deal to save myself a few quid and see what the 8 looks like

You are probably in the best position with the 6s as next year will be their 10th year of doing the iPhone. Who knows, we may see a skip in the 7s and have something completely new? It's about time they innovated!!

The new home button takes a bit of getting used to... and if the phone is sitting on a flat solid surface you just don't get the same "feedback" when you press it.

I've had a few iPhone failures in the past, so don't like keeping them for more than a year, (and out of warranty), and got £300 for the 6S which paid half the price of the 7. Not totally overwhelmed with the 7, but no regrets buying it.

If I don't get the 7 then I won't get the 7s as I never get the s models as they are not that big of an upgrade

May just wait for the 8, but knowing me I will have a 7 by January when I can upgrade for free

If I don't get the 7 then I won't get the 7s as I never get the s models as they are not that big of an upgrade

May just wait for the 8, but knowing me I will have a 7 by January when I can upgrade for free

Is next year not the 10th anniversary of the iPhone? Wonder if they might just call it the iPhone 10 !!??

Is next year not the 10th anniversary of the iPhone? Wonder if they might just call it the iPhone 10 !!??

I believe it is, you never know we may see a complete redesign

I much prefer the S variants as they iron out all the issues with the original new model

Reactions: Gazwould
It's a bit like Skoda with Audi technology .

The last to get it , thus reliable .

I much prefer the S variants as they iron out all the issues with the original new model

This I don't understand as usually they have newer hardware in the s models so in theory have the potential for the same issues as the normal models

The issues are usually down to iOS anyway

Well as an example off the top of my head, there was that antenna issue with the iPhone 4 which lost signal when you held it a certain way which was sorted out with the 4S

Reactions: WarwickL
Well as an example off the top of my head, there was that antenna issue with the iPhone 4 which lost signal when you held it a certain way which was sorted out with the 4S

True and IIRC it was a redesigned and newer part in the 4s, so my point still stands

Each to their own though, I prefer to get the first iteration as I usually only upgrade every 2 years so would rather have the 7,8,9 etc

I'm a cheapskate, so I like to get the outgoing model when it's just been superseded.

Reactions: batch and WarwickL