Iphone 6 and A5 AMI

Bobblejones

Reaction score
Hi All,

Had my A5 Black Edition Plus since March and am still unable to get my iPhone 6 to stay connected to the AMI cable in the glovebox. When i picked it up the dealer tried several cables but the phone kept dropping out after a few seconds and then reconnect.

Had anyone been able to get their iPhone 6 working and, if so, which cable did they use and what MMI firmware do they have

Thanks
Matt

I've been using the older 30 pin iPhone ami cable with the genuine apple adaptor no problem with my iPhone 5s.

The iPhone 6 should work no problem with this method. Strange that the new cable doesn't work though? Have you tried other iPhones?

I took my car into Audi yesterday but they could not diagnose it. They have sent the diagnostic data to Audi in germany and will phone me when they get a response back

I have however discovered that it works fine when the phone charge is at 100%

Managed to get mine to work but only with the yellow collar cable!! It doesn't always load my track list even with this cable.

Are you able to control the track selection using your MMI Controls? as i have a Amazon lead but all it does is play. would the proper factory cable give me full control???

Many thanks