iPhone 4S with RNSE Mk1/2 compatibility??

warren_S5

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
What'cha!

Question for y'all; has anyone with an iPhone 4S connected it to an RNSE or RNSE Mk2 (full BT phonebook etc.).

One of our forum members been told by those wonderful people that charge £170+VAT an hour (you know the ones I'm talking about, they ponce about in those chic glass fronted tin bunkers) that the iPhone 4S is incompatible with RNSE.

Surely that got to be a load of old b@ll@cks???!

I know the RNSE has seen better days, but come on, this is the 21 Century. Surely Audi aren't expecting us to hook up bakelite handsets to our glossy faced RNSE's!

Winner gets the clap, sorry I meant a clap.

Reactions: nally
Hello mate,

I have an iPhone 4S and can confirm it is fully compatible with my RNS-e MK2.
I get full phonebook, missed/received calls etc.

Audi indeed are talking out where the sun don't shine!

Cheers

Danny

Hi guys, when you connect is your DIS still available to view and scroll through or does it disappear??

Thanks.

I only have the pauperish iPhone 4, but that connects fine.

One thing I did note was that only certain numbers were coming through when I scrolled through the phone book.

I went into the iPhone, clicked:

SETTINGS

GENERAL

BLUETOOTH

Audi UHV .... (click the blue arrow on the right of this, not the name)

It takes you to an options list and it gives you the option to turn on/off 'Sync contacts', 'Favs', 'Recents'

Now, and here is the rub, I have a contacts management app on my iPhone which sections clients under clients, family under family (no $h1t!), etc.....

I had to select ALL CONTACTS from the list below to see them all. As that's over 100 names, I didn't fancy scrolling that many so I use an App called 'GROUP' which is a contact management tool, and I created a contacts group called Audi. Then any names I'm likely to want to call get filed under that group. Upside is it shortens the list, downside is that if you put a new contact in and then forget to allocate the contact to the Audi grouping they don't show in the phone.

Only other route if you still have no luck is to go through the ball ache of inputting names / numbers / nav details into the RNSE's internal memory.