iPhone 4 battery replacement

kev1000

Reaction score
Time for a replacement so do I have to send phone to apple for a decent battery or can I get one somewhere else?
I've seen batteries on eBay for cheap but are these crap?

mixed bag really, you could get a decent quality one but most are cheap knockoffs, also the IP4 uses pentalobular screws, getting a driver can prove tricky..

Best bet is apple unfortunately mate... at least you know what your getting... is it still under warranty?

It's 18 months old. I used to get a whole day out of it now I have to charge it again every evening. I am on it a lot though.
Do I need to send it to apple and be without for a few days. That would be very inconvenient.
Also does it cost much? I suppose the usual arm and a leg. Cheers.

to be honest, that sounds about right if your using it a lot. My 3GS doesnt fair much better. and that just after i had mine replaced under warranty for a different issue.

Best thing to do would be to contact an apple store and see what the cost is.

My iPhone 4 used to last twice as long as my gf's Iphone3gs.
I charge it every night before I go to bed and before when I woke up in the morning there would be 99% battery left but in the last couple of weeks there's 90% in the morning.

The multi tasking kills te battery mate.
You have to close all the apps as they still be running through multitasking.

Try closing them all down and checking how much you get. Guarenteed to be an improvement.

Always keep everything closed, location services off and notifications off.
I'll try battery doctor to see if there is an improvement.
I wouldn't mind sending the phone back to apple for a new battery if I could use the sim card in some old phone I have but being a micro sim, that rules that out.

Always keep everything closed, location services off and notifications off.
I'll try battery doctor to see if there is an improvement.
I wouldn't mind sending the phone back to apple for a new battery if I could use the sim card in some old phone I have but being a micro sim, that rules that out.

Microsim works on normal phones, you just need the adaptor to make it big.