Introduction and a Question

danw124

Reaction score
Hi All, im new here. Looks a pretty good forum you have going here which I look forward to visiting regularly.

Not currently an A3 owner, but I am hoping to change that pretty soon. I am planning the purchase of a brand new A3 sportback 2.0tdi Sport.

Now the question, on the sport i am planning on going for the technology pack which gives me DVD based navigation system, bluetooth connectivity and audi music interface, now the brochure and website say premium sound package (Bose) is not available in conjunction with this, can someone please tell me why? and give me any information on the audio system that is included in the technology package, for me the sound system quality is a big thing i need to get it right.

Any information much appreciated.

Dan:icon_thumright:

Actually just been messing around with the Audi configurator again, if i sacrifice the navigation i can go for the black edition, instead of the spot, what do you guys think? would this be a better move?

Actually just been messing around with the Audi configurator again, if i sacrifice the navigation i can go for the black edition, instead of the spot, what do you guys think? would this be a better move?

I have got a black edition on order with the tech pack so you can have them both .

I have got a black edition on order with the tech pack so you can have them both .

thats interesting, thanks. Actually im thinking of ditiching the satnav anyway so i can go for the black edition. Adding the tech pack to the black takes it a bit over budget.

thats interesting, thanks. Actually im thinking of ditiching the satnav anyway so i can go for the black edition. Adding the tech pack to the black takes it a bit over budget.

got my dealer to do the tech pack and the comfort pack for £800 . so dont give in just yet , i only ordered 2 weeks ago . quoted end of may delivery .
ordered a 1.8 tfsi black edition / s/ tronic brilliant red open sky sunroof tech pack and comfort pack

Go BE everytime over the nav, The Nav is no better than a Tom Tom, it looks nice though! Depends how often you need a nav?

BE will have all the nice bits the sport wont have (Although it will ride harder than a sport)

Thanks guys
Black edition it is then, i have a tom tom, so can do without the built in sat nav. Next step arrange test drive.

Another question, the base level bluetooth preperation with no cradle, can someone tell me exacly what this includes and how good it is?

thanks

Last edited:
Ok, thanks again for the feedback think im going to go for the black edition with technology pack and comfort pack.