Into the land of B8 S4's :)

razza1

Reaction score
Website
www.maidenhead-systema.co.uk
So after struggling to find what I was after, managed to get hold of a beauty. Pick it up tomorrow

2009 S4 s-tronic
Silver (hadn't been a fan but nicely understated and so much easier to keep looking clean)
Carbon inlays
MMI 3G (I think)
AMI
Audi drive select (full package)
Quattro Sports Diff
HDD Sat Nav
Bang and Olufsen
Electric memory seats
Heated seats
Dimming and folding side mirrors
Parking system + (front and rear)
Cruise control
19" rs4 style wheels
DAB radio
Sports seats in black leather and alcantara
Lighting pack

Would have liked the super sports seats really but struggled to find the right combination (most were red and black leather), with low enough (ish) miles. But these seats are pretty damn comfy and hold well enough.

Just had new brake discs and pads and tyres all round, so shouldn't need much for a while. It still smelt new...

But the best bit....MRC STAGE 2 remap with pulley (480BHP)!!!!

Feck me it was quick, way quicker than my old supra and yet so refined at the same time...just need to not lose my head with it as it's like a rocket...

Can't wait :)

Reactions: V6 Quatt, scotty76, DAYTONA 500 and 1 other person
It is MMI 3G, that was first MMI setup to get HDD navigation.

Reactions: V6 Quatt and razza1
Welcome to the club, glad you're pleased with it! Very similar spec to mine, but you defo have a MY10 car as you have MMI 3G.
I'm in Reading from time to time, so will have to pop over for a ride in a Stage 2 S-Tronic as I'm considering it for next year!!

Congrats again!

Reactions: razza1
Congratulations sounds amazing, can't see you getting bored of the performance for a while!!!

Sounds very nice ! Be sure to get some photos on here once you get it :)

Sounds great. I had trouble finding the right one. I managed to get supersport seats, but had to compromise on colour. But it has everything else.

Stage 2 must be crazy fast, standard is fast enough.

Welcome to the S4 club!!! I would love to get my car to stage 2. Sound immense. enjoy it!

Sounds like fun look forward to seeing it :) I'd be looking for uprated fuel pump for it though with the power it's running ya don't wanna be frying those pistons due to under fueling :/

Welcome to the fold! MRC stage 2 is essential, makes them a bit feisty eh?!

I work in Reading too so I'll keep my eye out for you, and you too benjie. Looks like we've got a mini-meet in Reading on the go already!

Mini meet sounds good, used to do with the supra guys :)

Surely they would have looked at the fuel pump with this work, they don't list that on their site and sure they've had no issues with their development car...so is it really essential? It's the supercharger spinning faster which gives that extra power, how will that effect fueling? (I don't know...)

Mini meet sounds good, used to do with the supra guys :)

Surely they would have looked at the fuel pump with this work, they don't list that on their site and sure they've had no issues with their development car...so is it really essential? It's the supercharger spinning faster which gives that extra power, how will that effect fueling? (I don't know...)

I'm no mechanic just a good friend had his s3 running really high bhp and his car burnt the pistons he was told it was because he didn't upgrade the fuel pump and the pistons were working harder/faster so they were getting more air than fuel and all would have been ok if he had done fuel pump also same with a mk5 gti I know of, but as you say surely it would have been looked at, maybe worth the ask around though just to check it will be ok :)

Nice good news....sound awesome yeh bet your well grinning nice upgrade....

Are these gaps normal? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406876183879592ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406876196412674ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406876210112478
Only just noticed them around the bonnet, it all looks straight with no signs of damage anywhere, and looking at my old car that also had gaps but didn't notice as much due to the black colour before

The gap does look a little excessive.
I'll check mine later mate when i'm back home - might be worth a trip to the local stealers to stalk there cars and see what others are like.
Could just be the bonnet is slightly misaligned, it might have been off when MRC did the work.
Or maybe it needs to be like that for extra cooling for the beast! :anbet:

Wasn't noticeable from a straight on, wondering whether it's just an angle thingView attachment 37495

I noticed this on mine, and wondered exactly the same. I checked a friends and his is the same too. The bonnet almost over hangs doesn't it. I think it's normal mate.

Glad you are enjoying the car. I'd love to get a Remap even to just around 400BHP so can't imagine what 480BHP feels like!!

Phew thanks for that, going to get my local VAG garage to give it a once over next week for piece of mind. Only had brakes done all round a couple if months ago and had a check over then which was fine, but you know when something niggles in the back of your mind...

Would love to hear your miltek Jay
You don't, as you will end up buying a full system! ;) It sounds immense, particular the 'crack' on flat upshifts with the S-tronic gearbox.

Regarding your bonnet/bumper shut line, that definitely isn't right to my eye. Are you sure that the bonnet is properly closed?

As for fuelling, the standard pump and injectors are well up to the job. MRC wouldn't have developed a tuning package without an uprated pump/injectors otherwise, you can be assured of that.

No problem, it's always a bit nerve racking buying a second hand car as you hear lots of horror stories. I took mine in to local trusted garage and got them to give it the once over too just to put my mind at rest and then felt much more relaxed and started to really enjoy it!

Bit of a sensible question but does the MRC Stage 2 affect your fuel consumption much? I'm guessing even if it doesn't the temptation to put your foot down is much greater. When I first got the S4 I was naturally driving it a bit more 'spirited' so was getting through fuel at an alarming rate. Settled down now to a whopping great 19mpg average

Fuel economy actually improved by around 10% with MRC for me, but my car had an old (2010) APR stage 1 remap which was running richer than it needed to and only gave 370bhp. Not sure how it compares to stock, but I'd say it wouldn't be any worse for the same kind of driving/throttle inputs.

As you say though, the temptation is always there to give it the beans. That's what we buy and run cars like this for though isn't it? Gotta accept that a car like this will be thirsty and just enjoy it for what it does best.

Oh right, that really is an improvement over the old APR map you were running. Have you been pleased with the MRC then, sounds like a massive jump up in power but the engine can obviously take it. I am hoping to one day have the funds to do this but have a lot of expense on the house and a little one on the way in October so it will have to wait. Would also love to get a Milltek on as well!!

Completely agree on the fuel, you can't get too hung up over it. I try not to think about it too much and just enjoy the car but do feel like a regular at the local Shell garage :sm4:

Just had a drive in traffic and had to turn the DIS off fuel consumption, wasn't pretty.
They will be more efficient with the maps, but you'll end up booting it more often
I'm just peeling the eyes out the back if my head at the moment....
Going to pop to Audi to see what they reckon on the bonnet

Jaygemson - would love some more info and pics of your mota mate, it there a thread I've missed??

How do you find the 20"s??

Cheers
Keef

Jaygemson - would love some more info and pics of your mota mate, it there a thread I've missed??

How do you find the 20"s??

Cheers
Keef

Hi Keef,

Sorry to go off topic but don't suppose it's you I have been driving past each morning around Hockley Heath way is it? Keep driving past a rather nice looking Daytona S4 but can't take my eyes off the road to check the whhel colour as I drive past!!!!

Hi Keef,

Sorry to go off topic but don't suppose it's you I have been driving past each morning around Hockley Heath way is it? Keep driving past a rather nice looking Daytona S4 but can't take my eyes off the road to check the whhel colour as I drive past!!!!

Yes mate, thats me!
I'm guessin yours is the very clean looking white S4?
I did wonder if it was someone off here.
I usually drive up there and jump on the train to Brum.