Internet radio mmi connect

eugenesamuels

Reaction score
Hi guys anyone know why my brother can get internet radio to stream using mmi connect app on his iphone in my car but when i try using samsung s8 i just get the check conection msg.The car is 2013 s5 connecting through wifi hotspot the car has no sim or data connection but as i said his iphone will stream internet radio over cars wifi but my phone wont?????

Hi guys anyone know why my brother can get internet radio to stream using mmi connect app on his iphone in my car but when i try using samsung s8 i just get the check conection msg.The car is 2013 s5 connecting through wifi hotspot the car has no sim or data connection but as i said his iphone will stream internet radio over cars wifi but my phone wont?????
still no luck

The car WiFi needs a SIM card, so you probably don’t have a data connection to the phone.

Try using your phone data by disconnecting from the car WiFi, and connecting Bluetooth audio.

But my bro can get in my car with his phone and app and it works it establishes a data connection

Is this not for the wrong A5 series, I think you have a earlier car which has a different mmi system. Thus you need to ask here https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/forums/a5-s5-forum.123/

But my bro can get in my car with his phone and app and it works it establishes a data connection

The Audi in-car wifi needs a data connection to function, either from a SIM card in a slot, or a hotspot shared from a mobile device.
You could try deleting your phone from the MMI and re-pair via bluetooth.
There is usually an option that pops up on the phone/MMI asking if you want to use the phones data or the cars data. Its possible that he's sharing his data. When your phone is connected to the car, can you still browse data apps on the phone?