Internal Door Handle Not Opening Door?

pazaz

Reaction score
Just went to put my car away only to find the drivers door handle internally wouldnt open the door??

I had to open the window and open the door with the outside handle then hold the lock button on the key phob to close the window..

Anybody any sugguestions?

Thanks..

i would say uve got ya self an broken interior drivers side door handle!

seriously tho,can it be a fuse or something? usually thats like a feature of deadlock isnt it??

Same thing happend to mine. Taking off the door panel then unclipping and reclipping the the door handle outer cable near the top of the panel sorted it, hopefully does the trick for you too.

I had the same thing happen to mine i took the door card off and the cable poped off so i put it back on and put a little cable tie around it worked fine ever since..

Cheers!!

Is it much of a job to take the door card off?

Not at all, If I can do it anyone can! You need to remove 5 screws in total, then lift the whole panel upwards and it will unhook. Two of the screws are at either side of the panel in the top corners. Then you need to pull out the plastic sleave in the door pull area just right of the elec window switches it should just pop out if you pull it downwards with a bit of force! This will then reveal 3 more screws 2 straight infront of you and another just to the right.

I found putting the window down before I unhooked it eaiser before I did this as you need to then peel back the foam insualtion and un hook the outer cable which I think is about half way along the top of the panel. Theres an annoying metal piece that will need to be pulled out first and then a round white plastic fitting attached to the cable.

Not sure thats very clear, but you get the idea...hopefully!

I've got the same problem, and guess what... It has only started since I had my door card off about a month ago checking a speaker problem!

Doh! Let us know how you get on.

Finally found the time to have a go at fixing the problem..

Thanks Klepto for the instructions, I found them a great help..

On stripping the door I found that the cable had snapped in the white sheathing near the door catch end.. Looks like a new cable required...

Ive put it all back together until I can get a new one..

Would I be able to order one on line somewhere would anybody know or will I have to visit the main dealers to get one??

Thanks all for your help..

Job done and easy enough too..

New Bowden cable from Audi only cost £4.17.. Plesantly suprised..

Happy Days