Intermittent Wireless Charging

Reaction score
Alright guys, put this in the gremlins thread but might make a separate thread just to gauge if it’s common or not . . .

Has anyone who’s got the wireless charging pad noticed that it seems to randomly pop up a now charging notification even when it had already popped one up before to say it was charging? My car has done it twice now.

Phone is seated properly, battery isn’t full - wondering if it’s the pad being slightly faulty or car/iPhone software?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it intermittently charging or is it just notifying it’s still charging? I don’t have the wireless charger (like the majority on here I assume) but I guess when driving the RS3, or any car in fact with a similar wireless charging system, the phone might just move around slightly which disengages the wireless charging then re-engages it again thereby causing the notification to pop up again.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and NHN
I reckon the same, it's moving around the coil & thus on off, common with most wireless chargers unless it's mag, try testing with blutak, see if it happens again.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and RichK
Is it me or that wireless charging pad is completely useless.

It basically keeps my battery at whatever % I’ve placed it on and makes my phone incredibly hot to touch. Is also slow and laggy until it cools down

Reactions: DangerMouseUK
Need to know the pad charging specifications as if it's 5 watt like iirc the old ones were, then yeah it isn't going far, if it's 15 watt then it will get warm, they all do hence why some pads have built in fans but that's usually for the higher wattage pads like OnePlus & Pixel that are 30 & above.

I have a 15 watt unit that I modified to fit magnets in for my android phone as none were on the market tbh, works well but yes handsets get warm eventually.

I reckon the same, it's moving around the coil & thus on off, common with most wireless chargers unless it's mag, try testing with blutak, see if it happens again.

Will do that just never had the multiple notifications until yesterday which was weird and double checked it was seated fine and wasn’t at 100% or anything (was at 90%).

Will have a go with sticking it in place!

No issues with it here, just done a 2 1/2 hr trip to the place we are staying for a week and the phone didn’t move or stop charging, and it’s now at 100%.

I do have a ‘Mous’ case on though, so whether that acts better on the rubber charge Mat

Yeah might have just been an off day for the pad.

I wiped it down today and rebooted my phone and it hasn’t done it once so might have been some dust on the pad or me not seating it properly twice?

I also thought that little mobile phone icon stayed in the top right but I realise it vanishes after a little while and continues to charge.

Still doesn’t explain why it popped up twice per trip over two trips but guess as above it’s a one off!

0c030f4d1bd79e87f5e530c9780b8d05.jpg

Yeah might have just been an off day for the pad.

I wiped it down today and rebooted my phone and it hasn’t done it once so might have been some dust on the pad or me not seating it properly twice?

I also thought that little mobile phone icon stayed in the top right but I realise it vanishes after a little while and continues to charge.

Still doesn’t explain why it popped up twice per trip over two trips but guess as above it’s a one off!

0c030f4d1bd79e87f5e530c9780b8d05.jpg

I have a static wireless pad, next to bed-side and have to make sure the phone is positioned correctly for it to charge as slight knock or off position, it stops charging. Think in a moving car, the charging will be more random.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and RichK
Yeah my pad at home is the same was just strange as I hadn’t seen the notification ever pop up multiple times per journey before but I’m sure it was just a glitch, no big deal. Just another quirk of the car!