1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

intermittent loss of power 2010 A6 TDI Le mans

taff68 Dec 20, 2016

1. taff68

taff68 Registered User

hi all,
    At times whilst accelerating, I have noticed that I loose power for a short period (engine rev's drop) but then power picks up again.
    It can happen if I put my foot down hard in 3,4,5,6th gear and also if I accelerate whilst pulling out to overtake etc. Does not seem to effect the car if I accelerate slowly through the gears?
    It is an intermittent fault and only seems to have developed since I've return the car for the emissions recall?
    I've read on other forums that there may be an issue with the MAF sensor?
    Any ideas, car is due a service in two months.

Cheers,

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. KrisKrk

KrisKrk A6 C6 4F 2010 LeMans Avant

If you've noticed it after a emission recall, go back to the same dealer and get them to inspect it.
    What car and engine is it?
    Maybe flap in the throttle body doesn't open fast enough due to build up gunk?
    Faulty sensor also might be the case.

Edit: DUH! Just noticed the car model and engine.
    Have the same one and did not had any problems with it after the recall. Done it about 3 months ago?

4. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

MAF sensor is a possibility however I would check things like the fuel filter, has it ever been changed ? . Also have a good check for any possible boost leaks in the intake system. Check for fault codes first as there could be something sitting there that will point you in the right direction such as an EGT sensor going intermittent.