Intermittent brake warning light on DIS when firing up my 2005 A4- B7

psychopomp1

Reaction score
Hi
Every now and again (say 2-3 times a month) immediately after switching on the engine, i get the red brake warning light on the DIS but it always goes away after a second or two. Reading the manual this should happen if you attempt to drive the vehicle with the handbrake still on but obviously in my case the car is stationary. Any idea why this happens? The car is going to the Audi garage tomorrow for something else so i'll ask them to take a look at this as well.
Thanks

I had a similar problem with my passenger side rear light.

The indercator bulb went so took the light out to change the bulb. I wasn't sure which holder it was and disturbed the red rear bulb instead. I changed the indercator all was ok but every so often I would get a dis warning me the passenger rear light not working.

I would get out and tap the light and it would work. This went on a few weeks and then I got fed up of it so changed the bulb and since then no problems

I suggest you change the bulb and check its seated correctly and succurly into the holder and light assembly

Thanks mate but which bulb(s) should be changed? Rear light bulbs have never been touched, i got oem bi-xenons fitted 6 months ago but this problem was happening before then.

Might be worth getting your battery tested. Mine used to do this and since I changed the battery the problem went away.

as above check batt

thanks chaps, will ask my audi dealer to check the battery

mine does this everything I start the car. Mines had a new battery and hasn't made a blind bit of difference. It also did it as I came off a roundabout this morning. Apparently it's something to do with the brake fluid reservoir. It needs changing. This is according to a couple of people on here. But... I've also been told its to do with the fact that there is no cover on the battery compartment. With the main wiring harness running all the way through the battery tray, apparently it can cause a short to the brake sensor when cranking over. I haven't managed to solve the problem yet as its too close to Christmas. Hope this helps :) would love to know audi's conclusion

Hi I've just re read the original post. I obvuisily didn't read it correctly the first time lol I thought that it was refuring to the bulb out warning on the DIS. In actual fact I see that it's refuring to the red warning on the dis.

My previous post was refuring to the bulb out warning in the dis. Sorry to cause any confusion

mine does it now and again, checked everything and can't find a problem, sounds like a common problem so not that bothered about it now, just check fluid levels every couple of weeks just in case

I get this also on my avant.. Had pads checked as thought it may be warning on them getting low... They had at least 50% of meat left. I also don't have a cover over the battery and notice this happening in the mornings mostly.

Mine does this sometimes too. I dont have a battery cover and ive had both rear and front discs/pads changed very recently so battery cover or brake fluid level maybe the answer i guess

I get the yellow '(O)' brake pad warning symbol come up sometimes (probably once a month) even though my brake pads aren't low. I have the battery cover fitted and my brake fluid level is fine.

whats with the battery cover ?
the beeps can be from a weak battery nothing to do with not haveing a cover