Interior wraps (pics wanted)

ElliotB

Reaction score
Has anybody wrapped their interior trim? How easy/difficult was it? How did you go about the chrome surrounds? Please post a picture or two.

Thanks

Good question. I was thinking about getting the cheap plastic silver trim in my s line wrapped in piano black like the black edition. Scrappies and eBay sellers want £100's for trim from crashed a4's so sod that!

I would happily pay £100s

A full set of carbon fibre trim for my Audi A6 costs $3,360.00!!! (source: Carbon Designz Audi A6 carbon interior trim set - complete - A6 C7/4G - A6 - Audi Exclusive Carbon Fiber Designz)

The question is how easy is it to remove the surround chrome bits
Trim

Have you thought about dipping it? That doesn't sound right, but i would recommend checking out 'garnishdip' website for ideas, although that sounds iffy as well! Seriously though they transformed the really cheap looking silver plastic in my scooby to a nice looking carbon weave for about £90. That was for 6 or 7 separate pieces and about 2 or 3 years back, there are loads of people doing it now so it could be cheaper

Have you thought about dipping it? That doesn't sound right, but i would recommend checking out 'garnishdip' website for ideas, although that sounds iffy as well! Seriously though they transformed the really cheap looking silver plastic in my scooby to a nice looking carbon weave for about £90. That was for 6 or 7 separate pieces and about 2 or 3 years back, there are loads of people doing it now so it could be cheaper

I think I saw that process on Wheeler Dealers where they dipped Range Rover trim in carbon fibre!

I've just wrapped the trim on my A3.

Took 3 go's to get it right on the driver door trims due to the number of curves and bends but the end result is astounding.

Some say dipping doesn't produce realistically looking carbon fibre look. The process simply prints the pattern which appears flat

I agree ^^^^^ the carbon dipping doesn't look anything like carbon fibre. I've wrapped all the trim in my A4. It's simple and easy to do, you just need a hair drier and a very sharp scalpel.

I have since replaced the above flat look wrap with some 3D glossy carbon wrap and it looks much better and more realistic. Unfortunately I don't have any newer images. If you look up 3d 3M di noc carbon fibre on eBay you'll be able to have a look at it.

Reactions: Liquidfusion-S3
My attempt

Not really that difficult at all, just take your time, warm it up well

My attempt

Not really that difficult at all, just take your time, warm it up well

Reactions: Bulbul68