1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interior updates - bit of chrome.

James2581 Jun 11, 2018

1. James2581

James2581 Member

well after a few bored ebay searches and sitting looking at random stuff I wandered if it was possible to transplant the chrome switch of a golf etc headlight switch into an a4.

Well the answer is yes, sort of....

The picture is the first attempt. This is a golf switch front in the a4 switch housing. Diameter is exactly the same and the switch actually fits into the spindle by willl need a small amount of glue to keep it firm.

Unfortunately now I am unable to release the pins to remove the switch assembly but that will be a job for again.

May even get another switch assembly and see if I can get the whole golf assembly to fit.

However for half hr’s Work of an eve I think it looks much more modern and goes with the air vents and parking sensor buttons etc which all have a chrome accent.

What’s everyone else’s opinion?

Attached Files:

martin1984 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. martin1984

martin1984 Well-Known Member Team Silver Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group TDi

Not bad work how much was the golf switch

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

4. James2581

James2581 Member

£8 posted off eBay!

5. Alex Holmes

Alex Holmes Member

Looks good buddy, i was discussing this with a friend the other day. How easy was this to do? I also fancy the chrome mirror switch knob too to try and break up the interior a little!

6. DieselJake

DieselJake Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Looking good, I've got the same :icon thumright:

Dead easy @Alex Holmes just push in, twist and pull out, think theirs a video on YouTube somewhere.

Alex Holmes likes this.