Interior trim

rickyquicky

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 'wood' :blush: interior trim is just painted?

I want the silver trim for the interior and am thinking of getting it painted in silver, with a matt lacquer im hoping to get an OEM look. Anybody tried this?!

Dont vinyl wrapp it! Ive tried it, its impossible to wrapp around the curve on the front bit, unless you can find some stretchy stuff.

Ive painted mine matt and it looks good, but like boydie said, its laminated so make sure you nib it off with some 1500, or 2000 first, then primer, nib off then paint....

I wrapped mine with carbon fibre effect vinyl. As long as you warm it up before applying it, it will go round all of the corners without any issues. I did post some pics ages ago, will see if I can find the thread.

If its lacquered properly it shouldnt really come off, but then vinyl wrapping might be a good idea!

What happens with the ashtray and the gearknob surround bit with vinyl though?

Thats exactly what I did. The gear lever surround was easy, but the ashtray a little more challenging. As long as you have a hair dryer, a sharp scalpel and some patience you should be ok. :cool:
I did try and search for my old post but I think the old threads have been archived :sorry:

I Vinyl wrapped mine with gloss black (had it laying around and thought i'd try it.

Gear knob surround pops out and then you unscrew the ash tray bit.

As said, hairdryer and some patience is what you need. Heat it up and stretch it round, making sure that any bubbles are pushed out.

Image003.jpg

photo.jpg