1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Interior Reading Lights

asalhan Nov 24, 2020

1. asalhan

asalhan Member VCDS Map User

Hi guys,

I have a few questions regarding the interior reading lights on my A6. I currently have the basic lights installed.

[​IMG]

I want to install one of these

[​IMG]

I just want to know whether this will be a straight swap or will there be some extra work that needs to be done.

Thanks

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Needs extra work as their is a slight wiring difference, it has been done before but I cannot remember what the changes are.

4. asalhan

The connectors need to swapped, it seems easy enough to do but if there are more wires than expected, then there might be a problem.

5. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

6. asalhan

Yea I think this has 6 pins but the standard one has 4. The connector looks the same though...I wonder what the 2 extra pins are for.

7. elan2s

elan2s Registered User

Looking at the photos you posted the one you want to fit allows you to isolate the rear lights (it has an extra switch) so presule the extra wiring is for that

8. asalhan

Seems like it. I guess I will just stick to what I have as nice as is it to have a newer one, the yellow diffused light is nasty.

9. beemerboy9

beemerboy9 Registered User

Trupesh at EMtuning does great LED interior and exterior conversion kits, specializing in Audi's. If you meet him in Kettering he will fit for you as well. He's done 2 of my cars.
    LED bulbs should transform your nasty yellow lighting.

Welshquattro likes this.
  10. Welshquattro

Welshquattro Registered User

I second this, great customer service and products from T8ups. Had all my Audi’s and ever my wife’s Mini sorted by him.

11. rjwojcik

rjwojcik Registered User

@t8ups , do you do led lights for the doors ( the one's that shine on the floor ) - front and rear? I have an A6 c7.5 avant. Sorry for the hijack.