Interior Reading Light (Rear)

MarcQuinlivan

Reaction score
Website
audiretrofit.quinlivan.net
Can somebody who has the interior light pack with the rear interior and map lights check two things for me?

1) Do they come with the red LEDs built in like the front ones?
2) Is the part number 8E0 947 111 A 6PS (Soul black without Open Sky)

I'm ordering up some of the LED bits for another mod and wouldn't mind sticking the LEDs back there too. If it is cheap enough for the rear interior and map light unit I might just go ahead and stick one of them in there instead of farting about with drilling holes in my current one.

TIA.

my missus is at work atm.

I will check when she gets back in a little bit.

i cant remember if they have the leds or not. I never sit in the back :)

just checked the car.

I have only got the map lights, and they aint got any ambients in there.

dunno if this will help

Hi Marc,
Just checked mine and just as scottie said only reading light there.

cheers

They don't have the LEDs in there. Quite easy to fit though, I did it some time ago. The part is made of grey plastic which is painted black (in the S3 with a black headlining) I drilled two holes and countersunk them, then I used a CD marker pen to "paint" over the grey bits in the holes so they didn't show. Here's a pic to show you where the wires go. I used the OEM ambient light unit from vagparts, which is around a tenner.

HTH

rearlight.jpg

Thanks John. I got two of the LED units from VAGParts last week for another job. Came in at about a tenner each. Priced them over here because I need a couple more of them and they are €28 each!

What have you planned marc? I wouldnt mind a few more red LED's to light up the place!