Interior Pictures

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
We got a B5 picture thread and people offten post pictures up of their car, which is nice and I like to see what other people do and its nice to get ideas for future mods, wheels and so on.

But one aspect our cars that is rearly seen is the interior. The different stereos, dash colours, seats, mats, steering wheels, clocks and so on.

Lets see whats in side and what you've done or changed. :)

Heres mine.

Boot in normal daily drive mode
IMAG0569.jpg

Camping night away mode.
2011_05_21_1424.jpg

Seen this on the B6's and thought i'd give it a go. Arm rest illumination, Unfinished. I need to make a bracket to hold it in place.
2011_04_17_1272.jpg

W8 Interior Light
a20f229a.jpg

Facelift Dash and vents in a pre-facelift
2011_04_15_1241.jpg

IMAG0341.jpg

Lets see yours.

Scott... when fitting the facelift centre console, did you have any problems with compatibility between the electrical components? What I mean is, the heater controls, hazard switch, etc...?

I've also got heated seats in mine, so finding a facelift console to match is proving difficult.

Cheers,

Giles

Hazard switch should be a streight swap.

Fog lights are completely differnet and require a relay module, as the FL switches are momentary.

The headlight aim is moved to the drivers knee bolster, so you'll need to extend the wires, and the rear screen demister is connected to the climate unit on a FL.

The heater controls themselves are more or less plug and play, i think you may need to add one wire to sort the illumination.

i also think the heated seat switches can be added to a non-heated facelift console. The switches are actually seperate, and simply poke thru a hole in the climate fascia.

Scott... when fitting the facelift centre console, did you have any problems with compatibility between the electrical components? What I mean is, the heater controls, hazard switch, etc...?

I've also got heated seats in mine, so finding a facelift console to match is proving difficult.

Cheers,

Giles

It was all easy mate. Every thing just plugged in apart from the rear demister. That was a little different.
The hazard switch you can rewire or just swap the fronts over.
The fog light switches are for show, they just light up, you will need to wire in a fog light control unit from a facelift to get them to work.
The illuminations on the buttons, card/cup holder needs wiring up and I think thats it.

I'm on the look out for a facelift HVAC with heated seats as well.
You after double or single din?

I'm not after anything at the moment... just gathering info :thumbsup:

try american ebay for climate with heated seats, theres usually a few for reasonable money

ive got conversion parts available if anyones interested, came from modified pfl so would swap straight in

I'll play :eyebrows:

Boot now
IMG-20110924-00097.jpg

Centre console/stereo
IMG-20110912-00051.jpg

Carbon trim
DSC00110-1.jpg

Seats(best pic just now)
Picture274.jpg

New fronts awaiting fitament
DSC00347.jpg

bought my car as cat D stolen recovered
came with manky standard seats from a 96 ish model
so first thing i did was add full leather inc armrest, also heated/leccy lumbar (actually first thing i did was modify a passat interior to fit but then went o.e audi)

e67e6171.jpg

08102009844.jpg

27082009710.jpg

08102009841.jpg

other interior mods are
drivers heater vent replaced with sat nav
rear sunblind fitted to modified parcel shelf
double din conversion with symphony (pics are old)
full bose retrofit
s4 carbon trim
s4 instrument cluster
auto dim rear view with built in compass
passat sunglasses holder painted black to blend in
podi column mount boost gauge
b6 gearknob and gaitor
additional o.e cup holders in handbrake console
tip steering wheel as its a bit chunkier
non damage phone mount
and of course a vanilla magic tree

future plans

aftermarket double din stereo
black rs4 handles like soupie's

Last edited:
liking the install foxy. Covering the wood or painting it?olds, I love that steering wheel. Something I thought about adding for my auto.where did you get your cup holders from? I'm after a set.keep meaning to do the sunglasses mod but keep forgetting lol.did you add the Bose speaker grills?all these facelift B5 with the little plastic spacers. Has no one made a compete replacement panel?I'm tempted to copy foxy.

What is that steering wheel off Kev?

And... where's the sunglasses mod? Have you got a picture of it please?

And... (finally) is the B6 knob and gaitor a direct fit?

Cheers,

Giles

Loving that OMP wheel. Looking at getting one for myself next year sometime to go with the buckets i plan on putting in aswell.

scott, yep changed complete door cards for bose grills and drivers one has an extra speaker for o.e phone kit
cup holder fits in gap next to handbrake, genuine part that shows up on ebay every so often, holds 2 cups/cans perfectly and you dont get coffee dripping on stereo, can get p/n if you want it
theres a guide on audiworld to retrofitting tip wheel to get it working on auto

giles, steering wheels from tiptronic model, buttons are for gear change, would be cool if they could adjust stereo volume but i wouldnt even know where to start
sunglasses holder is a genuine vw part that replaces drivers grab handle, available on ebay but check size as they do different ones for golf/passat, oh and they only come in light grey or beige
gearknob screwed straight on and they come with gator attached which you can clamp in place on facelifts
had one on my old pre facelift avant but gator was too small so had to strip it down and fit original gator

Oldz, For the steering wheel trip to work don't you need to have the 4/5speed trip control box installed?
I read about it somewhere. If you got the link to hand could you post it please?

Part number for the cup holders and sun glasses holders would be cool. The grab handle is pointless on the drivers side.

Any one seen or read any thing about the Auto knob changing for a B6 or any other model?

well foxy... My turn now :happy: List is:
  • 2xJL 10" woofer
  • JL audio A series Amp
  • Alpine HU
  • Parrot HF
  • Iphone dock
  • Plasma Boost gauge in drivers RH vent
  • centre arm rest (from a passat)
  • and cruise to come :)
Important things first :rockwoot:

Last edited:
Oldz, For the steering wheel trip to work don't you need to have the 4/5speed trip control box installed?
I read about it somewhere. If you got the link to hand could you post it please?

Here you go Scott Linky for an A6 im sure pretty much the same

well foxy... My turn now :happy:

WHORE!!!!! Ha ha. Looking nice mate!:cool:

Couple of questions 1) How is your box fixed down? Have an idea but just want to see how other people have done it in a saloon. 2) How easy was the passat arm rest to mod n fit? Might consider this but needs to be leather.

Cheers, Mick.

Couple of strips of velcro on the underside of the box and a couple of brackets at the top bolted thru the skin beind the rear seat back :) even throwing the car round a roundabout rather hashly hasnt budged it...

Passat armrest was a doddle really. im sure you'll be able to get a leather one... all the fixings are already there in the car, just couple of mods to the plastic console in the A4 so that it sits flat. oh and getting it out of the old passat console was a bit of a pain when trying to separate the armrest and the base fixings, it appears to have a soft alloy crush point under the bolt which i had to drill out and replace with a larger washered bolt. need to see if i can get some more interior matched fabric and re-cover the lid. (oh and add illumination+power in there :D)

EDIT: Mick, there you go eBay

Last edited:
Heres mine although my whole car is a works in progress. Im doing a complete RS4 widebody externally, full facelift interior and then onto 500bhp+ :)
012-2.jpg

013-1.jpg

To this, with loads to come
007.jpg

006.jpg

009.jpg

I've just raped a facelift avant for all its' interior plastic goodness, so hopefully in a few weeks time, the S4's interior will look a little different!

I did leave the auto-dip rear view mirror in it though, but may go back for it this week. Anyone know what's involved with fitting it? Where do I pick the feeds up from for it... there appears to be about ten wires going to it!

LeeT, Does the controls on that steering wheel work or even the air bag? I thought they was duel feeds and did not work with out single feeds?

GeeMan, I assume the mirror just needs power and feed to say the lights are on. You can take power feed from the light up there. I took my light feed from one of the blocks in the passenger footwell. Can't remember the colour but I'll take a look later if you want. I'll also take a look at Elsa tonight for you for a wiring.

Scott... that's what I presumed and was expecting just two wires to it... but there were about ten wired connecting to it!

Might go back this afternoon after work and whip it off.

Scott... that's what I presumed and was expecting just two wires to it... but there were about ten wired connecting to it!

Might go back this afternoon after work and whip it off.

Not wanting to teach you how to suck eggs (no idea where that saying came from) but make sure you take it from the loom in the head lining as far back as you can.

I got a feeling that the interior mirror also controls the side mirrors. cause you can get the mirror that darkens the same as the review mirror.
I think Byzan fitted this to his motor. I got the wires and plugs on my new mirrors.

Check out the mirrors on that S4 and the mirror switch, it might have the side mirrors to go with the review mirror, if it has. take them and hope the guy just thinks its normal glass, saves you a few bob. :)

Well, to be honest, he didn't charge me the earth for the bits I took anyway!

I took full centre consoles (front & rear with arm rest!), illuminated vents, glovebox, drivers door trim (for a friend), spare-wheel tools & associated bits, warning triangle and bracket, scuttle cover (which highlighted the fact that the lower windscreen trims ARE different on a facelift A4!) all for £35.

I would expect he'll charge me a fiver for the rear view mirror. Can't complain at that! Arm rests are fetching £45 on their own...!

**** me, thats a ****** good deal mate.
Why the glove box?

The scuttles are different, did you pick up the rubber bit as well? Thats also different between the two.

is it black interior?

rear arm rest? Whats the different?

I assume you got the leather hand break handle?

Glove box is for my friend Ben as his is heavily marked... so just to neaten up his interior (which is already facelift!).

Oh yeah, forgot about the leather handbrake. Got it!

The (front) arm rest is only cloth though. Worth getting anyway I thought. I already have a facelift leather arm-rest installed (with the gap at the front where it meets the PFL front console! lol

If I go back for the mirror, I'll also pick up the windscreen lower trim and firewall rubber too then. Anything else I should be robbing?

Damn, I wanted that leather handle. thats all I'm missing. lol

Wipers?
Lights?
engine covers?
Their rear boot trim on the slam pannel has that funky cover that flips up I think.
Shame its not a Avant, I could do with a couple of bits.
steering wheel?

EDIT:=- Fog light control box, so you can use facelift fog light switches with with pre-facelift fog lights.
If not for you, I'll have it with all joining cables and plugs. :)

Last edited: