Interior mirror

danielos77

Reaction score
Hi,
Do you know where you can turn off the interior mirror dimming?
I have a tinted rear window and it's already too dark

There should be a button on the mirror with a green dot i think

I was in the car and looked at the mirror and there is no button on it, and it is definitely getting dark

The only other way is to unplug then behind the plastic trim . It won't cause any faults unless you have high beam assist camera incorporated . If you have dimming wing mirrors they will also be deactivated

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Hi, this is not a solution to the problem for me as I need working exterior mirrors. I am looking for a solution to disable this option through coding

The mirrors will work for adjustment but won't dim . The interior mirror cant be coded . You could swap for one with the switch on the bottom . Have you a photo of your mirror

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Mirror is “dump” and only uses power and earth (in basic) so cannot be communicated with / coded. Put a bit of tape over the sensor on the passenger side of the mirror and that should sort it.

Reactions: Booti
My mirror

Attachments

• 20210111_133828.jpg
    20210111_133828.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 96
  • 20210111_133833.jpg
    20210111_133833.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 98
Hi, this is not a solution to the problem for me as I need working exterior mirrors. I am looking for a solution to disable this option through coding
If you want to disable only the interior mirror and still have exterior mirrors dimming, the only solution may be opening the mirror housing and disconnecting the interior mirror glass from the circuit board. I've worked on a mirror circuit board some time ago and it had simple flat type terminals connecting to the mirror glass so they could be disconnected without having to cut any wires, but I'm not sure it will be the same for you, as mine was a PFL mirror. I can post some pictures of the board in case you're interested.

Please, I'll try
Wires come from the mirror glass and connect to flat terminals soldered on the circuit board. Both exterior and interior mirror glass are driven by the same Hexfet power transistor but they have independent voltage regulation circuitry, so I think if interior mirror glass works normally when exterior mirrors are disconnected, the other way around may work too.
Pictures below show the whole board with mirror glass disconnected (terminals on the board are marked in red circles) and part of the board with the glass connected.
R DSC 0120

R DSC 0108

I’ve had the facelift mirror open and can confirm the pco is the same 2 spade clips to the glass as in records photo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rcord