Interior Lights in Xenon Light Package

brad9753

Reaction score
Does anybody have any photos? I have them ordered it but I have never seen them in action, was just hoping they look good. So any photos or general thoughts would be good.

Puddle lights are in the bottom of each door that shine down on the ground so when you stop and open your door you can see if you are about to step into a 'puddle'.

Hope this helped.

Even with the interior light pack? I thought I had read somewhere that it did

Sadly not, it is a feature I would have liked on mine.

"Interior lighting package. Anti-glare lighting for the passenger compartment comprising door sill and footwell lighting at the
front as well as illuminated inside door openers, vanity mirrors and illuminated cup holders, 2 reading lights each at the front
and rear, LED interior ambient lighting and active door reflectors. Also available as part of the Xenon light package"

I am sure mine does have lights on the bottom of each door pointing downwards. Will check when I got home

The lighting package on the 8P had puddle lights on the doors, I would be surprised if the 8v didn't, and a bit disappointed.

Maybe that's what they mean by door sill lights? I could just be very unobservent! I'm used to puddle lights being on the bottom of the wing mirrors, but perhaps they actually on the bottom of the door and I've never noticed.

Possibly - I think BMWs put them behind the door handles so they do appear in different places on different cars

I think the 8P has them under the doors. Wing mirrors seems strange, as when you open the door the lights will swing away, and right where you need to see would be in the shadow of the door anyway surely?

yep there is a light under the door seal

20130608 232328

my a6 has lights on the bottom of the door and in the wing mirror..... so which one is the puddle light?

I think the 8P has them under the doors. Wing mirrors seems strange, as when you open the door the lights will swing away, and right where you need to see would be in the shadow of the door anyway surely?

what if your returning to the car in the dark... the light in the bottom of the door is no good when you've stepped in dog **** before opening it

Reactions: Toadoftoadhall