Interior light package

vanaaken

Reaction score
Straight swop, if you get the top item you don't need the lower one as it's built in!

You don't need to buy both items, just choose one of them depending whether you want map reading lights as well as the LEDs.
.....and yes it is a simple swap for the ambient light pack.
If you just go for just the LEDs you need to remove your existing unit and drill two holes.

I fitted the LED unit to my rear cabin lights. A bit like this....

715482-RearLEDs001.JPG

Be careful if you're going to drill holes in your existing unit as it's moulded from a light grey plastic which is sprayed black. I used a CD marker pen to cover the visible grey bits.

Just a tenner for the parts from vagparts, a bit of carful measuring and a few runs through with the drill.

No holes marked so it's all DIY. You can use the front one as a guide though.

Can this one be fitted to a new S3 8P? I didn't order mine with the light pack as well...

Will it be a straight swoop or any other mods are needed?

Thanx in advance!!

Yeah, direct swap. you'll just need to make sure you order the right one - if you are unsure, just give VAGParts a call with your chassis number and they'll tell you which one you need.

The S3 has black roof lining doesn't it? If so, then it is the Soul Black one you want. You'll know if you have a sunroof or not, and then it is just a case of checking if you have the airbag deactivation light on your existing cluster.

Yeah, direct swap. you'll just need to make sure you order the right one - if you are unsure, just give VAGParts a call with your chassis number and they'll tell you which one you need.

The S3 has black roof lining doesn't it? If so, then it is the Soul Black one you want. You'll know if you have a sunroof or not, and then it is just a case of checking if you have the airbag deactivation light on your existing cluster.

Thanx a lot for your info mate!
Will surely give them a call...I really want this upgrade!! (map lights and ambient led). :yes: