Interior Light Help Please

Stephen Cope

Reaction score
Hi all
New to the A4 scene
Got my A4 2.0 TDI S Line 170 on Monday, and the front interior light does not work
Any help welcomed
Checked fuses and bulbs both okay (i think i checked correct fuse)
Regards
Steve

double check you have the correct fuse, then get a mutli-meter on the bulb contacts to see what if any current you are getting, if no current then you have a wirirng issue and you'll need to backtrack to the fuse box, could possibly be the door switch that is faulty aswell, have you tried the light switch in both on and switched positions.

Tried it on permanent and in the middle, but neither is working.
When you remove the fuse the rear bulb goes out, also the lights on the switches go out, so must have some power to it
Just doesn't turn on the main bulbs but the bulbs are fine

right then bulbs are fine, rear lights works so fuse is good to go then , no lights on any switch setting.....what about the map lights, do they work (they are not connected to the door switch) but the main light is.

sounds like a wiring issue then, all the same i'd get a mutlimeter on the bulb contact to see whats going on there and then work back, also double check the door switches are not causing a problem , as you're not getting any illumination from the main lamp when the switch is set to live on permanent does suggest a wiring issue or fault as the door switch is being bypassed in this setting, but since your map lights work then that kinda discounts the problem being with the whole light assembly and its power supply as nothing would work then.