Interior LEDs

Abb

Reaction score
Have just upgraded my interior lighting using LEDs, supplied by T8UPS on here. My upgrade consisted of sunvisor lamps x 2, puddle lamps x 2, footwell lamps x 2, glove box lamp, interior boot lamp, and the dreaded number plate lamps. Still trying to get one of the screws out of one of these! The panel LEDs which went into the puddle, glove box and footwell can be a bit fiddly, but that said I would recommend them to anyone! Its a cheap mod and very effective. T8UPS is a top bloke who does his utmost to help answer any queries, so a big shout out to you mate.

Haventposted any pics as I believe there are already lots on here. Now off to order 2 map read LEDs as I forgot about these!

Reactions: ANDYTQ
I've just done mine, but got my bulbs off eBay, never knew T8UPS did them. I also changed the lamp holder in the boot for a 43mm festoon type holder (from a vauxhall) and you get much better light than the Audi holder that uses a w5w bulb (the pins bent in mine and I couldn't get them to make contact with the pins on the bulb).

i made a bulb that fits into the boot lamp unit.

VW/AUDI boot lamp LED SMD UPGRADE/ Golf mk4 and A3 Boot | eBay

only £6.79 on its own so a bargain.

this is what it looks like in the boot of a b7 rs4 saloon.

IMG00267-20110815-2210-1.jpg

thanks
trups

Just a quick update, hope I am not tempting fate, but they are still error free! :yahoo:

4 puddle, boot, 4 footwell (for front and back - am I right in thinking there's lights under the front seats shining backwards?), 4 map lights please. Individual prices and a buy all price please :). Pm me if you prefer.
Thanks

map reading ones, are they the small ones, or does that include the normal illumination from the main overhead console when opening the door? If not I'd be interested in those as well

The overhead console requires 2 BA9S bulbs (5smd ones are fine) and the normal illumination requires 2 festoon type LEDs (I think they are 42mm)

have you ordered the red bulobs already? i have just had 20 come in if they are required.
Thanks mate, but I'd already ordered them about 3 days ago.

If you have puddle lights fitted to the car, they are on your doors, on the underside of the doorcard. They illuminate the surface you are about to step onto when you are getting out of the car.

all fitted now, just need to wait until it's dark....

panels were a pain to start with, but only because I accidently shorted the fuse without knowing and wondered why I couldn't get the ****** thing to work...

The puddle lights are only if you have the option on the car. They're located under the actual door to light up the ground when you open it.

wow, just went outside and the lights are great. unlock the car and the interior lights look sooooooo much better, a much more modern look and works nicely with the LED number plate lights I have. Open the door and the light from the puddle ones are much clearer. The footwells look much fresher as well and much more light.

Just opened the boot, and could see clearly what was in it as if daytime

very impressed and a great job by t8rups! took some photos but couldn't really capture how well they work on my phone camera, will have to get the Nikon out at some stage.

Would highly recommend this to anyone!

Im interested in a full interior upgrade on my A4 B7. Ive listed what lights I think ill need, can anyone think of anymore or have I got them covered?

Glovebox
Footwells (Front & Rear)
Puddle lights
Roof light (main)
Map lights
Boot

Are these difficult to swap over?

I know I have a puddle light on my drivers door but never checked the other 3 doors, will they all have puddle lights?

got the no. plate lights off ebay, were about £28 I think for the whole unit versions.

roof and map lights are very quick and easy to swap over, the others are a bit more of a pain, but once you've managed to do one properly, the rest are a doddle...

JDM82-will be returning home from work a week on thurs, will go through the lights with you if you want sometime after that. Did all mine so will be able to give you some hints and tips on the more difficult ones!

Cheers Abbs, that would be great. Cheers Razza, ill order the 4 puddle lights then.

All the lights you mentioned are very easy to swap out.

Footwells, Puddle lights, and boot are all the same. Just use a small screwdriver to pry the end up and away from the surface. If they don't want to budge, try the other end and it should just pop out. (These all take T10 bulbs)

The main roof lights are also easy. Just use a small screwdriver to pop away the cover. (These take 42mm Festoon bulbs)
The map lights are done at the same time as the main roof light. Slowely and carefully begin prying the cover away and without too much force it will just pop off. (These lights are BA9S bulbs)

I found the real trouble comes if you want to change the vanity lights. I managed to get the cover off eventually, but couldn't open up the unit and didn't want to break anything. Now the light doesn't sit flush anymore. I think I must have bent the little metal clip and haven't seen any pics on the internetz of how it should look so I can bend it back.

All the lights you mentioned are very easy to swap out.

Footwells, Puddle lights, and boot are all the same. Just use a small screwdriver to pry the end up and away from the surface. If they don't want to budge, try the other end and it should just pop out. (These all take T10 bulbs)

the lights i supply for the puddle light are easy to replace, when you have the units out you need to either take the metal clips out or bend them up slightly and put the pulb under, the bend clips back into place and then attach the connetor and hey presto. these are the puddle lights that i think are best for that unit, i made designed them as i could not find a bulb that was good enough for this - Audi/VW footwell LED SMD Bulb upgrade | eBay

they are ALOT cheaper than buying the whole units of ebay at £24.99 and they work just as well.

I found the real trouble comes if you want to change the vanity lights. I managed to get the cover off eventually, but couldn't open up the unit and didn't want to break anything. Now the light doesn't sit flush anymore. I think I must have bent the little metal clip and haven't seen any pics on the internetz of how it should look so I can bend it back.

I found these quite easy to change, just carefully lever them out, it feels like you're going to break the interior that it clips into, but popped out fine, and went bakc in no problem.

My daughter made me laugh, 2.5yrs old, noticed the new lights inside...oooh, bright lights daddy.. lol

Would just like to show appreciation to T8UPS for the superb communication and ease of installation i had when changing all interior lights and the painstaking numberplate lights (had to replace the plastic unit cause of the corrosion!) but to anyone debating whether to change the bulbs or not IMO definately worth the money, brightens the car up giving it that modern cleaner feeling. sadly phone hasn't saved any photos only one but you can see the difference!

LEDvsOEM.jpg

Thanks again T8UPS

Well all my LED upgrades are now fitted, and they look great :o.k: I really recommend this cheap but highly effective mod to anybody, they really add alot for such a small mod. I cant wait for it to get dark now so I can see them in all there glory :w00t:

I have to say a MASSIVE thankyou to Abb for fitting these for me. He took time out on a sunday to do this and I can't thank him enough. If it wasn't for him id still be sat scratching my head :think:

And of course not forgetting T8ups for supplying the LED's. Id definately recommend getting them from him.

***** A quick add on*****

Just had a look at all the lights in the dark and to say Im impressed is a understatement......... They look amazing! My girlfriend isn't interested in anything I do to my cars but even she thinks it looks good so...............

Tried to take photo's but they don't come out right, they don't do the lights justice so I wouldn't post them up.

Last edited:
Hi, as Abb said, they are all error free bulbs i supply for the audi,

what bulbs do you need and i can price it up and let you know.

What is the price for map reading bulbs and main interior roof bulbs, think there are 4 in total??

Cheers, Dan.

What is the price for map reading bulbs and main interior roof bulbs, think there are 4 in total??

Cheers, Dan.

Hi Dan, front map lights are £5, front dome lights are £7 (4smd bulbs) or for £8 you can get 6smd bulbs. postage is £1.52

do you need the rears?

Thanks
Trups

Hi Trup, yes I would want the rears also. Can you therefore give me the price for all interior roof bulbs including postage (I would go for the 6 smd bulbs)
Also how do I pay you?

Cheers Dan.

Hi Dan,
front dome is £8
rear map is £8.50 - 6 smd led
front map is £5 - 5 smd ( a differnat bulb is used in the front because of the way audi has made the unit)
sunvisors - £5 - 2 smd
postage is £1.52.

i take paypal which is trups_27@hotmail.com

if you want them then just pay to paypal and put your user name on there and il get them posted for you.

if you want the glove and boot pack then add an extra £8.50

thanks
Trups

Hi Trups,

OK, I will take:

Front Dome at £8
Front Map at £5
Rear Map at £8.50
Boot & Glove pack at £8.50
Postage at £1.52

Total price of £31.52 and have just paid it to your PayPal address.

For some reason I do not have lights on my sun visors, not that I can see anywhere.

Cheers, Dan.

Hi Trups,

The 6 smd do not fit in the rear map lights unless I am doing something wrong.
The bulbs I have removed from the rear are longer than the 6smd ones you have provided - they are in fact 38mm Festoon bulbs.
Here is a picture showing the size difference:

Last edited by a moderator:
i cant see the picture on my phone, so i will look at that when im home shortly.

the bulbs i sent out for the reaer map for you was the BA9S fitment bulb, its a push and twist, and you have a 5 led one for the front, and the festoon bulb is for the front domes. unless you have festoon in the rear aswell? and not separate map lights?

if so then i can swap this bulb for the correct fitment?

rear map aren't that shape (bulbs on the right) from what I remember, only the front dome ones were...

front domes are the 5 led ones as the unit itself is differant to the rear so the 6 led's wont fit to the front thats why they only go in the back.

when you bought your kit they wernt in stock.

Ok.looked at the picture, looks like you have a dome light in the rear, if you get in contact with me i can sort out getting you the correct ones send out.

sorry for the inconveience.
Thanks
Trups