Interior LED Upgrade

The facelift B5 light unit looks like the same unit thats used in the very first link in this thread (which i think is an A3?).

For confirmation, ETKA says the main bulbs are N0177234 "K-12v10W" and the reading lights are N90034901 "T4W-12v5w"

The rear light uses the same bulbs as the reading lights up front. The sunvisor lamps again look the same as the A3 in the first link N0177252

Boot on an avant uses N90841101 "12w6W" and the saloons use a pair of the aforementioned N0177252's

so the roof units in the faclight have a festoon and 2 501 bulbs in each.

if you can help out with any pictures of teh boot light in the saloon facelight and estate light then that would be helpful.

Thanks
Trups

i'll take some pics on the weekend if nobody else has replied by then...

Thanks, i will start getting the pre facelift ones ready on monday, (the sunvisor bulbs) and when the unit arrives tomo from scott i can work on that to provide a bulb for that, the reason i need this is the plus and minus are the opasite way around to the led and cause a normal bulb works either way its not a problem but all bulbs for this unit will be supplied with both connectors just in case.

hopefully i can have all ready mid week and get it posted out before next weekend.

so the roof units in the faclight have a festoon and 2 501 bulbs in each.

if you can help out with any pictures of teh boot light in the saloon facelight and estate light then that would be helpful.

Thanks
Trups

It'll be two festoons and two 501's in the front unit i'd imagine, same as the A3 pictured in the first thread.

I'll try and take some photos of the other lights, but i think my facelift saloon is missing its boot lights, as i swapped my brother for a pre-facelift boot trim.

if you can help with picture it will be easier for me to get the kits ready.

do face lift cars have footwell lights and puddle lights in the doors?

Hi ,

I'm definately interested in a full kit too for a facelift (1999) b5. My facelift does have foot well lights and also puddle lights on all the doors, dunno if they all do.

Here are some pics that you asked for

front interior light:

interiorlight.jpg

maplights.jpg

interiorlight2.jpg

puddle lights. Not a good pic. Can take better one if req'd

doorlight.jpg

Boot light (saloon) top of boot
topbootlight.jpg

side bootlight (near rear driver's wheel arch)

sidebootlight.jpg

Hope that helps a bit?

B5QUAT and me got the same lights.

there's also ones in the rear headliner (centre) and two in the front above the sunvisors..

how many puddle lights? just the front doors? and only the front footwells?

i will get a picture up tomo of the bulbs i would supply in the kit, if you can tell me if they are the correct ones for the facelift,

pre facelift guys i know whats needed as i have supplied the kit in the OP.

Here's some answers and more pics. My facelift (99) 1.8TQS has 2 footwell lights. One either side above your feet. It has 4 puddle lights, 1 on each door and they are all red.

Here are the pics:

Glovebox:
gloveboxlight.jpg

puddle light
puddlelight.jpg

rear interior lights:

rearseatslight.jpg

rearseatslight2.jpg

rearseatslight3.jpg

Footwell lights (bit too bright with the flash) can do a new one if required

footwelllight.jpg

Last edited:
And not forgetting vanity mirror lights. one for each side. driver and passenger.
vanitymirrorlights.jpg

so whats the final list for this week so i can get the last bits ready? i have got 3 sets of sunvisor bulbs ready for 3 owners of the pre face lift.

thanks

also i will not be providing a bulb for the red puddle light, this is because if you put a led in there then they go a really funny coulour so when i do led packs i leave these stock.

right, here is the list of bulbs for the facelift as its a bit more simple and really close to what i supply the A3 members:

if any are incorrect then please say.

front and rear map lights - ba9s bulb
front dome light - festoon
sunvisors - festoon
glove box - festoon
footwell lamps - will supply my custom designed panel bulb
boot light - 2 x festoon bulbs

pre facelift list will be here tomo once i have got the front lamp unit (supplied by scottB5) to see what options i have and he has also sent his rears upto me so i can find the best bulb for that too.

so if the list can be made for 5 people then i can have the kit ready and posted out by thursday as long as i recieve payment by this time so you can have them fixed in for the weekend.

Thanks
Trups

Come on guys/gals, get your orders in........

1) Dan A4 Avant (Pre-facelift)

2) Geeman - '99 S4 Avant (Pre-facelift)

3) MadMax2 - '00 S4 Sedan (Facelift)

1) Dan A4 Avant (Pre-facelift)

2) Geeman - '99 S4 Avant (Pre-facelift)

3) MadMax2 - '00 S4 Sedan (Facelift)

4) B5QUAT - FACELIFT

so only one more now and i can get it out by thursday. i will have pictures of both packs ready as soon as i recieve scotts light units.

This is something i was interested in, however just been made redundant and need to watch the pennys right now, but would be interested in a pre-facelift kit at a later date if they will be available?

Also, not sure if you know, but the avant and saloon rear lights differ whereas the avant seems to have one single light unit in the centre rear and saloon has one light on each C pillar instead, unsure if bulbs are same thou?

This is something i was interested in, however just been made redundant and need to watch the pennys right now, but would be interested in a pre-facelift kit at a later date if they will be available?

Also, not sure if you know, but the avant and saloon rear lights differ whereas the avant seems to have one single light unit in the centre rear and saloon has one light on each C pillar instead, unsure if bulbs are same thou?

Avant also has lights in the C pillers.
I think they are the same though.

Can you get pics?

Thats suck Foxy bout the job mate. :(
You going to have to sell the V12 amp? :)

Hi All,

as promised, here is a list of what bulbs will be used in the pre facelift cars.

sunvisors - custom bulbs
front roof light - 3 x emtuning panels with 2xba9s and 1x festoon fitment.
rear roof lights - 2x 5smd bulb
front footwell lights - emtuning panel light
glove box - 42mm festoon
boot lamp - 8 led festoon bulb

IMG00325-20110913-2040.jpg

IMG00324-20110913-2034.jpg

as you can see i have angled the map light bulbs to face wher they need to be when used, center light can be aligned up in the middle, there will be double sided tape under the bulb so you can stick down into place.

to get the map lights in you need to trim down the unit, i used a file and just grinded away, it needs to be 1.5cm wide for a snug fit so i dont move around after, so try do it at 1.4cm instead. the bulbs will come with the cable which i will need you all to plug into the wire (you will get what i mean when they arrive) as its the only way you will get the map lights to work due to the way they are wired (opasite to the way the led wire is)
IMG00321-20110913-1621.jpg

IMG00320-20110913-1620.jpg

IMG00319-20110913-1620.jpg

any questions then please ask.

thanks
Trups

@ foxmeister..

as i know what the kits are i can keep them on file so when you are ready they are only a PM away from you.

thanks

just a quick one guys, i can run this sale with the 4 people just so we are not waiting, i can set this as a package price for the B5 cars.

please PM me for my paypal info or if you could send me your email address i will invoice you with the details of what you will recieve.

Thanks
Trups

C'mon guys we need a 5th person to get this going! Must be someone.

Hi,

i said i can do them without the 5th person....! :meeting: so if everyone gets in payment by tomo 4 pm then i will post out so you get it friday so you have a job for the weekend.

its £35 posted, if you want plate lights then add an extra £5.

thanks
Trups

just a quick one guys, i can run this sale with the 4 people just so we are not waiting, i can set this as a package price for the B5 cars.

please PM me for my paypal info or if you could send me your email address i will invoice you with the details of what you will recieve.

Thanks
Trups

Ah! Only just noticed this. Sorry! haha. Details on the way!

t8ups, pm'd you , thanks.
re: plate lights, how difficult a job is that to do? if it is simple-ish then I'll go for the plate light combo pack :)

Thanks to those who have paid, have posted out mad max and b5 quat today, i will post out s4 Dans tomo,

just waiting on geeman, and then thats all kits posted, i have 1 more b5 pre facelift kit left if anyone wants it, £35 or £40 with some plate lights.

cheers