Interior door handle illumination

andyccr

2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet
Reaction score
My cabriolet has the 'interior lamp pack' but this does not had door handle illumination. Do any of the A4s have this at all ? Or have I got to crack out the drill and add some 5 or 8mm red LEDs ??

Andy

I have the interior light pack in my cabriolet, and it has the door handle illumination. Mine is a B7 model though. My B6 saloon had the door handle illumination with that interior light pack. I cant see why they would not put it on the cabriolet if the saloon has it.

We did check the original sales brochure of the B6 cab, ad it didn't include the handle illumination :(

Mine too...A4 B6 cab...with illuminated interior of the armrest, but no door handle lights wtf?! A real shame. Is it a big job to drill and splice the wires?

What is the interior light pack?

Ok maybe a stupid question but is it the light on the inside door handle your going on about, just that I have a 3.0v6 quattro and i have the lights on mine, and in the rear foor wells etc....?

thats the interior light pack u have there grae u should have ambient lighting coming through 2 holes next to the middle visor aswell. and lights when you open the vanity mirror covers

My B6 05 S4 Cab has the interior light pack with the door handle LEDs.:happy:

Strange, I have the ambient lighting and the arm rest lamps !

Might have to see if there are other genuine door handles which i can buy already done, don't suppose anyone can take a picture in the daylight so I can see if I can fit a couple of LEDs instead ??

Thanks

Andy

jase0851, I didn't think the Cabriolets had the middle ambient lighting by the rear view mirror. . . . I know mine def hasn't and I have the interior light pack.

Has anyone with a cab got these??

Dont know if this is the interior light pack but I have on my B6 CAB 3.0 Sport Multitronic
two ambient leds up by the rear view mirrow shinning down on to the centre console
red light in the arm rest
illuminated front and rear ashtray
white puddle lights on the bottom of the doors
red lights on the rear of the doors
illuminated vent thumb wheels
illuminated vanity mirrows

no illuminted door handles
no footwell lights
no illumination of the cup holder and coin tray icons

Hope this helps
Danny

jase0851 said:
thats the interior light pack u have there grae u should have ambient lighting coming through 2 holes next to the middle visor aswell. and lights when you open the vanity mirror covers

Yip got all that too!! So i must have the interior light pack then, nice wee hidden bonus!!:icon_thumright:

Dan, it seems you have an interior light pack . . . Could you send me or post up a pic of the two lights by the rear view mirror, daytime shots will be fine, just want to see if I can add this to mine as I haven't got them, but have all the other lights.

It seems like the interior light pack is different in every cab model . . . . .

This is getting stranger, I have the exact same as Danny describes. Who's nicked me illuminated door handles !!!

buy a set of ambient lights phil they are about 10 for the led,s and drill the holes yourself

I just went and checked mine out. There is no where for them to be mounted in the base plate. I know this can easily be done on Saloons and Avants but not the same for the Cabriolets. So by looking at Andys we can work out if it may involve a new base plate too.

thanks anyway jase.

dans3.0 said:
Dont know if this is the interior light pack but I have on my B6 CAB 3.0 Sport Multitronic
two ambient leds up by the rear view mirrow shinning down on to the centre console
red light in the arm rest
illuminated front and rear ashtray
white puddle lights on the bottom of the doors
red lights on the rear of the doors
illuminated vent thumb wheels
illuminated vanity mirrows

no illuminted door handles
no footwell lights
no illumination of the cup holder and coin tray icons

Hope this helps
Danny

I have all the above including -

illuminted door handles
footwell lights
illumination of the cup holder and coin tray icons

100_0723.jpg

100_0722.jpg

SP_A0084.jpg

SP_A0097.jpg

they r reps mate alright for 550 quid

I have an 02 Avant SE with the light package and I'm pretty certain I don't have illuminated door handles on mine.
I'm going out later so I'll check for certain and confirm it with you.
It has got all the other illuminations though.

phil1978 said:
Dan, it seems you have an interior light pack . . . Could you send me or post up a pic of the two lights by the rear view mirror, daytime shots will be fine, just want to see if I can add this to mine as I haven't got them, but have all the other lights.

It seems like the interior light pack is different in every cab model . . . . .

hi, try http://www.harddrive.plus.com/Documents/Ambient%20LED%20Install.pdf rich.

Got the pics done of the cab ambient lights but cant post them
if you pm me your e,mail addy i,ll send them to you

Danny

Thanks for that Rich, but the baseplate is totally different and you cannot mount the LED's in there. There isn't anywhere to attach the power leads unless you splice into the wires before the plug. Be it that there is only about 1" of available wire to do this on.

pm sent Danny.

But I have a feeling you have the same interior light cluster as Andyccr. And they have changed it on the B7 model. And there is nowhere that you can mount the LED's. This is due to the interior sensors, the Bose Audiopilot mic and the telephone mic.

Phil
Pics are on there way
I have the Bose audiopilot and phone mike in the light cluster
dont think it has any interior sensors though think my alarm sensors are in the centre console somewhere

Danny

Danny, yours is the same as Andyccr's. They have changed it so the alarm sensors can be put in there, thus losing the LED's. I may give Audi a call and see what they have to say as the brochure and their website still show the console illumination as part of the interior lght pack.

I'll let you know their response.

HI, I HAVE ALL THE LIGHTS EXCEPT THE DOOR HANDLES TOO, ANYONE GOT PICS OF THE DOOR HANDLES LIT UP.
CHEERS...
DSC05965.JPG