Interior Door Handle A4 Cabrio

Rob McConnell

Reaction score
Hi All

Great site, I have tried a few Audi sites with no luck but this one has already solved my soft top problem.

Next fix is the peeling interior passenger and driver door handles. Does anyone have a link to replacement alloy covers to match the existing trim or an option to repair or replace the rubber coating.

Cheers
Rob

I had the same issue with the rubber grip handles.. they were worn and awful looking.

I tried various methods to strip the rubber coating but i found it difficult. I sprayed them myself etc, tried alot of methods. Even when i spend hours spraying they just didnt look right when i installed them.

In the end, i just bought some new ones at the cost of about £23 each from Audi. Worth it imo.

Cheers Brooker

I am in Australia and they don't miss a chance to probe your wallet over here.

Do you have a part number by chance and I will give them a call. I need both sides.

Otherwise I will get someone to bring me a set over next time they are coming over.

Cheers
Rob

i do have the part number, i also bought the window switch surrounds for both sides too.

8H2 867 172
8H2 867 171 £14.82 Each

8H2 959 521
8H2 959 522 £12.95 Each

Not sure which codes are for which item though.

It's a Cabrio codes ? Since Cabrio driver door has more window swithes (5 in total).
I also have same issue, thinking maybe to plasti-dip it. But if new ones cost this price, I would'nt bother to renew them.

Yeahh these are the codes for a cabrio b7 a4. One side has the 5 switches, other side had 1 switch location.

If in doubt, go into your dealer with your chassis number and just tell them which parts you want..

Hi guys

I know this is an old thread but can you give me some tips on how to actually replace the interior door handle. I’ve got the parts already, removed the door panel and can’t see how I get the handle off to replace the trims