INTERIOR CONDENSATION....

Jassyo06

T-Cut King !
Reaction score
Bit of background story,l have already driven 10 miles/rush hour traffic 30 minute journey"Airc on",get to my destination say..stopped off at my mums for 30 mins,its 14 degrees outside l get back into my car...and instantly...every frickin bit of glass condensates within seconds...about 15 seconds...**** me...I know am Hot Stuff........but my car is horrendous for condensation........this is just one incident
ls anyone else experiencing this just at the moment..its a pet hate of mine's

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing here, windscreen mists a touch when I get back in but its gone in 10 seconds or so.........................you really are hot stuff mate!! lol

Reactions: Daveotto, Jassyo06 and Sandra
This happens a lot on my A3 here in Florida. Having the air recirculation off or cracking a window every now and then usually sorts it out. Also have a feel of the carpets and check the door seals to make sure there's no actual water getting in. That eintzett gummi pflegde stuff is pretty good for door seals btw, if I spelled it right.

Reactions: Jassyo06
ditto Jassy! Mine is bloomin awful this week, but I think I need to clean my windows inside.... a bit greasy!

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
ditto Jassy! Mine is bloomin awful this week, but I think I need to clean my windows inside.... a bit greasy!

.......no mate, in your case it's a bit of extra perspiration....................gettin yourself over excited about that Mustang order! ;)

Reactions: Ignition1 and Jassyo06
.......no mate, in your case it's a bit of extra perspiration....................gettin yourself over excited about that Mustang order! ;)
lts called Tangdensation....lol

Reactions: naughts4187 and Simon L
I've got a large Pingi stuffed into my door bin which seems to help cut down the worst of the condensation...

I've got a large Pingi stuffed into my door bin which seems to help cut down the worst of the condensation...

Ehhh???

KoiXyzi.png

...........oh pingi !!!! What's that then?

Reactions: Blackwhite
Only get this with a bag of fish n chips in the car !

Is your air con on auto or recirc - ? - doesn't that block the air flow from outside ?

Reactions: Simon L
Stangdensation I think it's called

Reactions: Simon L
Last edited:
Reactions: Wondering Soul and JohnM100
Nothing here, windscreen mists a touch when I get back in but its gone in 10 seconds or so.
Same here, I was only thinking the other day how well it is compared to other cars I've had.
I had an Astra a few years back and it was terrible for a damp windscreen in the morning, it was just as wet on the inside as it was on the outside!!!

Hey J, maybe the correct attire for you in the car is as per one of your native countrymen..................................plenty of 'airflow' here!! lol

rab-c-nesbitt.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06, AndyB-S3 and Rob2k68
Hey J, maybe the correct attire for you in the car is as per one of your native countrymen..................................plenty of 'airflow' here!! lol

rab-c-nesbitt.jpg

Now I'm getting worried - you've been to that German underwear site again !!!!!!

Reactions: Jassyo06, Sandra and Simon L
Cheapest cures are neat washing up liquid buffed off interior glass .

And fill an old sock with Felight litter crystals and wrap the other sock over .

Never exit a warm vehicle last few minutes open a window and or put ac to cold .

Last edited:
If you wanna clutter up your interiors with a load of old junk be my guest! I still say yer a bunch of sweaty old men............................no such problems for moi !! lol

Reactions: WarwickL, Jassyo06 and Sandra
I thought it was "normal behaviour" on my A3.

Most mornings my car is the ONLY car in the street that has condensation, not talking wet interior but just misty. The car feels well built but not sure if there is a leak somewhere.

Unrelated but water seems to stick to the top of my car's roof and bonnet. They don't budge for hours! Also different to other cars I see.

Check in MMI that its not set to re-circulate. I'm sure I saw a setting in there for it.

My 13 mists up when the windscreen has frozen..... Heater on to clear and the interior windows mist up, the TT and the TTS did this also!

Mist be an Audi thing ;)

Reactions: Wondering Soul and Ignition1
My TT was by far the worst. She liked to allow rain water in through the doors, windscreen.... Naughty thing.

Check in MMI that its not set to re-circulate. I'm sure I saw a setting in there for it.

Hi Jay l think my car's ac is set to recirculate will switch it off and see what happens

Reactions: Jay_A and Simon L
Hi Jay l think my car's ac is set to recirculate will switch it off and see what happens

You gotta lay off those curries mate, won't need the recirc then!! lol

Yep, mine's been really bad this week too. Just hoping that it doesn't get worse when 'winter' kicks in. Pretty dangerous too really, as it always happens just as I've driven off, even when I think that I've waited long enough.

My old 8P was horrendous, all year round... New one seems fine so far but not had that killer combo of cold and wet yet...

I've noticed this as well! Mists up inside real quick, noticeably so after giving it a power wash. In the evenings, I would have to keep the windscreen heater on for much longer than I would have in my previous cars.

Good to see it's normal then.

One thing I was impressed by is the heated wing mirrors - they do clear up very quickly. Windscreen clears quickly when on full blast but I find the back window heater really slow.

I wonder actually...maybe it's not bad insulation, but insulation is too good and traps heat inside the car...where in other cars it leaks so the interior temp is same as outside?

Reactions: Simon L, slayaz and Jassyo06
It is such a shame that Ford patented the headed front screen (don't quote me on that) the electric heated windscreen on my ST was amazing.

I think the patent may have ran out now as some Vauxhalls have it but you're right originally it seemed unique to Premiere Automotive Group vehicles Ford, Volvo, JLR, Mazda and Aston Martin.

Once you focus on those wires though you always see them and they can be a pain in the sun.

I think the patent may have ran out now as some Vauxhalls have it but you're right originally it seemed unique to Premiere Automotive Group vehicles Ford, Volvo, JLR, Mazda and Aston Martin.

Once you focus on those wires though you always see them and they can be a pain in the sun.
Correcto Mundo the patent has expired

Reactions: Rob2k68
No condensation in mine, I seem to remember a ford form forum stating that foci's were the more susceptible then it was the mk4 mondeo. I doubt if a a3 is anymore at risk than any other car and its, like headlamps, purely down to the time of year and ambient weather conditions...

Reactions: S3joey
No condensation in mine, I seem to remember a ford form forum stating that foci's were the more susceptible then it was the mk4 mondeo. I doubt if a a3 is anymore at risk than any other car and its, like headlamps, purely down to the time of year and ambient weather conditions...
Time of year? It was 13 degrees outside not cold at all,so l wouldn't say it was the time of year

Time of year? It was 13 degrees outside not cold at all,so l wouldn't say it was the time of year

No I agree mate, had to check your OP again....................... your only a couple of degrees lower than here. In fact just got back from another run and I reckon my windscreen clears in more like 3 seconds. Agree with comment above though, the rear window demister is gash!!

I think you are confusing temperature with humidity https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humidity At the moment I am having a conversation with a group of mk5 mondeo owners who claim thir cars are more susceptible to condensation as well, funny that a3 owners are claiming the same. Unfortunately it is the same conditions that causes headlamps to mist up and is due to the atmosphere being unable to absorb liquid quick enough..

Last edited:
It has to be a Temp related problem as my car misted up really bad this morning and it was 3 deg's here in Dublin. No problems yesterday at all. And as someone said earlier on the thread it seems to be OK for a few seconds then when you drive off the windows mist up

It has to be a Temp related problem as my car misted up really bad this morning and it was 3 deg's here in Dublin. No problems yesterday at all. And as someone said earlier on the thread it seems to be OK for a few seconds then when you drive off the windows mist up

.........maybe hold your breath for the first 5 mins or so, might help.................?? ;)

Reactions: Ignition1, illingworth22 and Jassyo06
Talking of weather it's snowing up here in the outskirts of Glasgow wtf

Blimey mate, already?!!

About 10 degrees here, lovely sunshine at the mo................might get that polishing done if I'm lucky ;)