Interior cleaning

Milnesafc

Reaction score
Done a few hoovers of the interior since I've got the car, few dirty marks have appeared on the dash and side panels on the interior, just wondering what products you would recommend, also any leather cleaners you would recommend?

Leather shouldn't really need cleaning (in my opinion) if you keep on top it it with a damp cloth now and again (that's all I do)

Key is to keep it clean and stop it getting to that horrible 'shiny' stage that you sometimes may get on a steering wheel after months of use

Reactions: pburv
Leather shouldn't really need cleaning (in my opinion) if you keep on top it it with a damp cloth now and again (that's all I do)

Key is to keep it clean and stop it getting to that horrible 'shiny' stage that you sometimes may get on a steering wheel after months of use
So just use wet cloth on steering, seats etc?

What about the dash, any recommendations?

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and Milnesafc
So just use wet cloth on steering, seats etc?

What about the dash, any recommendations?
Yeah that's what I've always done, damp (not soaking wet) cloth on the seats and wheel - This reminds me I haven't done the wheel for a while actually

It is great for your leather sofa in the house too haha

Dash it depends I guess if you want a matte or glossy look, I prefer matte as the glossy is reflective for a dashcam and also is obvious if you miss a bit out lol. I got some dash wipes by (I think) Armor All on offer in Tesco and keep them in the glovebox for when needed

If it where me with a new car it would have to be this the best on the market not cheap but neither is the delicate leather in a Audi,
Swissvax leather care kit
as the dashboard etc as @airbus319 says autoglym products, l had a look in a few used S3's yesterday some not even 6 months old and my seats look like new in comparsion almost" 2 years old", Audi nappa leather is fragile indeed

Reactions: Pook, Tej13, Audi Bairn and 3 others
My interior has been treated with the Gtechniq leather protector (L1 I think) so really just needs a wipe with a damp microfibre to keep it looking good.
One tip I got a while back which seems to work well for cleaning the steering wheel is to heat a damp microfibre in the microwave for 60 seconds and wipe round the wheel. I put on the Marigolds to protect my wee mitts from the heat......!

Reactions: Pook, Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
I too use Gtechniq L1 on the leather, and Gtechniq C6 Matte Dash on the dash and door panels. Works a treat...

Reactions: Milnesafc, Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Johnsons Baby Wipes to clean the interior along with microfibre clothes from Halfords (have cloth seats so don't have to worry about leather!). Followed by any type of dash spray that is on offer! Its plastic interior. not gonna damage like exterior paint!

If it where me with a new car it would have to be this the best on the market not cheap but neither is the delicate leather in a Audi,View attachment 114868 as the dashboard etc as @airbus319 says autoglym products, l had a look in a few used S3's yesterday some not even 6 months old and my seats look like new in comparsion almost" 2 years old", Audi nappa leather is fragile indeed
@jassyo06 - At 95 bangers for that ^ kit are you have a laugh my wee scotch friend !
shocked.gif

http://www.slimsdetailing.co.uk/swissvax-leather-care-kit.html?gclid=CPuDq-TQxtECFRITGwod3WsCeQ

Reactions: Jassyo06
Reactions: Bristle Hound and Tej13
all auto leather is heavily processed/ coated so no need to treat it with kid gloves, I use diluted 1:10 auto all purpose cleaner G101. sometimes nourish with liquid leather.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited: