Interior chaved up a bit:-)

ajax1976

Reaction score
So thought I'd finally get round to fitting proper lighting in the boot. I had some of those sticky backed LED strips sitting in the garage so today was the day to finally get rid of the pathetic standard light. Great, easy and cheap mod that has made a massive difference.

Then decided to remove the seats to give it a proper hoover out and clean but as I had some LED strips leftover I got thinking. 4hrs later this happened, A bit more involving and time consuming to get them to work with the doors but worth it. Also finished fitting red LEDs in the pass and rear door triggers, 6mths after doing the drivers door!! Appreciate it's prob not to everyones taste but I really like it.

Reactions: Tyrer, RichMk3, Dani_B19 and 3 others
Is that a leaking torso in the first pic? just as well you have a rubber mat, much easier to wash away any dna evidence!

Reactions: jdp1962
Looks good in my books :happy: did the same with my boot and does totally change it, allot more useful when putting things in at night too as there's less chance of blocking the light. Was it hard fitting the door triggers, tempted to copy haha.

Is that a leaking torso in the first pic? just as well you have a rubber mat, much easier to wash away any dna evidence!

Sure is, easier to clean up now I can see what I'm doing;-)

Looks good in my books :happy: did the same with my boot and does totally change it, allot more useful when putting things in at night too as there's less chance of blocking the light. Was it hard fitting the door triggers, tempted to copy haha.

Not really, dead easy tbh. I just drilled a hole behind the handle, inserted a single small LED and connected it to the illumination wires on the window switch. They were very bright to start with, tried sanding but still quite bright so dabbed some dolphin grey touch up paint on one side of the bulb until I was happy with them.

Nice work...are they very bright or subtle ??

Would be good to do wing mirror LED lights

Nice work...are they very bright or subtle ??

Would be good to do wing mirror LED lights

I would say fairly bright but the brightness and colour matches very well with my interior lights, that was quite important to me. I wanted them to look balanced if you know what I mean. If they're too bright you could just cut the strips down a bit and loose some of the LEDs.

Ran a feed from the interior light.
Sorry to revive an old thread, do you have any pics of how you took the power from the reading light? Looking to splice some LED footwells in somewhere

Red LEDs to match the instruments. Simple to hard wire in.

£10 for a set with 4 strips on. Can have Red,Blue,Green,Yellow ,Orange,and loads more. ststic, fade, mix. Or DISCO mode....got them as a joke, but they actually look ok. so hard wired them up.All the gubbins is inside the centre console by the hand brake. wired of the back of the cigar lighter. You get a remote to operate it so simple...

Last edited:
Reactions: Max-Robbo
They're so bright! Good work!
How did you go about wiring them in?

They are bright. on a different set i got it has a brightness control.

fitting them in was easy, basically the whole thing is 4 LED strips that run to a control box, this has a power lead with a cigar socket on and the box has an antenna for the remote.
i cut the cigar plug of to leave 2 wires, live and earth.
i have a cab, The centre console to the right of the handbrake is a rectangle pocket to put odds and ends in. The base of this you can pull up allowing access to inside the centre console. you can see the handbrake fittings etc. This is where i place the control box, its no more than 2" square i recon at most. tucked it in so it doesnt foul on anything.

the LED strips i feed 2 down each side Left and Right of the centre console. i then tucked the wires in behind the bottom edge of the centre console where it runs to the foot well. i then feed the LED's across and stuck them to the under tray that screens of the dash from the undersides of the foot well.30 minutes to do.

finally i wired the 2 wires to the back of the cigar lighter to get power, replaced the bottom of the compartment leaving the antenna coming through.

job done.

Reactions: Max-Robbo
Thanks for that mate! Cigarette lighter is one of my options for a power source, but I'd ideally like them to come on and off in the same way as the reading light - unlocking and opening of the doors! Desperately searching for any tips! ;)