Interesting 'Tracker' information on a Cops TV programme the other night

Mike.46

Reaction score
Only caught the end of it on Welsh TV, so a Welsh Police Force
Motorcycle comes around the corner and hits car pulling out/turning right across his path.
Police are a bit suspicious and the bike is a loan/courtesey bike with a tracker, Police end up at tracker company who pin point all the tracker
points against time, 110 here, 108 there. loads of speeding by biker, he came arond the corner at 96mph so the car driver didnt see him. bikers fault..............

Afaik all modern cars have "black boxes" fitted that record all that info all of the time. The rozzers only need ask for it in the event of an accident :busted cop:

TX.

Only caught the end of it on Welsh TV, so a Welsh Police Force
Motorcycle comes around the corner and hits car pulling out/turning right across his path.
Police are a bit suspicious and the bike is a loan/courtesey bike with a tracker, Police end up at tracker company who pin point all the tracker
points against time, 110 here, 108 there. loads of speeding by biker, he came arond the corner at 96mph so the car driver didnt see him. bikers fault..............
That's a scary thought. I didn't know the information is available, as necessary, to use against you.

Afaik all modern cars have "black boxes" fitted that record all that info all of the time. The rozzers only need ask for it in the event of an accident :busted cop:

TX.

Yup. I had a ReWire tracker on my 8V RS3.

When reviewing journeys you can play the route travelled back, and it’ll show MPH etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mastachaz
Afaik, they're not allowed to hand over the data unless you've consented or was in your t&c's of the tracker contract, you could argue gdpr in this tbh.

Afaik, they're not allowed to hand over the data unless you've consented or was in your t&c's of the tracker contract, you could argue gdpr in this tbh.
I think maybe because it was a courtesy bike loaned whilst his own was being serviced the information was easier to get?

I suspect though IF the Police decided your alleged crime was serious/or headlining enough they would be able to get the information from the tracker company?

Ah yes I overlooked the courtesy part.

In my experience the Police won't do this, Maybe in a Fatality but only maybe, I have life changing injuries from a Myopic C**t & all my "assailant" got was a slap on the wrist "Drivers improvement course" with a threat of Prosecution if he transgressed again in the next five years...... No Ban, No Fine, No points. Police have to make a charging decision within 6 months on a accident, This decision was taken by them 1 week before that time was up. As soon as my PIC is finalised within the next 3 months it's off to the IOPC.

It would be because it’s a loaner. People have had their M3/4s nicked and BMW refused to give the police the info as to where it was.

there’s a case number or something you have to use to make BMW give them the location.

I’m amazed there isn’t a device you can buy that give police a kill-switch to your car.

Or blows up the driver who’s just stolen it.

Reactions: Mike.46
I’m amazed there isn’t a device you can buy that give police a kill-switch to your car.

Or blows up the driver who’s just stolen it.
My Son and wife had both their cars stolen after the theives broke in, It's very eye opening what the CID investigators said about trying to catch the toe rags and when they catch them proving beyond any reasonable doubt that he actually stole it in the first place, most say when caught ''I borrowed it off me m8 to go to Maccy d's didnt I'' they refuse to tell Plod who their mate is and plod have to let them go after questioning, less than 10% get caught

My Son and wife had both their cars stolen after the theives broke in, It's very eye opening what the CID investigators said about trying to catch the toe rags and when they catch them proving beyond any reasonable doubt that he actually stole it in the first place, most say when caught ''I borrowed it off me m8 to go to Maccy d's didnt I'' they refuse to tell Plod who their mate is and plod have to let them go after questioning, less than 10% get caught
Don't say things like that Mike. You'll stir up the Police Haters Union again ;)

Reactions: Mike.46
Eh, the police can ask for whatever they want?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Pack of Donuts……..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TX.
6e24febc2304b7ee30abed333e477199.jpg

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

He only wanted a beer but the Police said he was drunk and disorderly. Look how much pepper spray they used on him! New pepper spray anyone? ;)

EtCyAIdVEAAjbhj