Interesting reply from Audi dealer

Chrismawa

Reaction score
Just bought my A4 this week and noticed a notcy 3rd gear which seems a common issue. Wanted to get the box oil changed to see if it makes a difference as I bet is has never been changed. I emailed my local dealer just to see what the price would be. The reply was:

Oilchange

Quite surprised as it appears to be a very simple procedure!

Just do it yourself mate

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I've heard of BMW giving a similar answer and stating that 'because it's a self contained unit, the gearbox oil doesn't need to be changed'

In my trade the equivalent to that is no sorry we cant repair that dent in your front arch you need a new panel also the paint needs to be blended into the door, bonnet and front bumper all in its £1600....garage down the road says yes we can repair the dent easily its a straight forward process all in the cost is £160.

What actual oil is going in ?

I'm going to go down to the dealer tomorrow to see if I can buy the oil from them to give to the independant garage. If i can't it will be this Castrol oil which OpieOils says is the correct one for my car?

https://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-92422-castrol-syntrans-v-fe-75w-80-manual-transmission-fluid.aspx?VariantID=172142&vehicleid=1041&yearfilter=2007&providerpartid=700983079&genericpartid=3225&providerpartlinkid=700983656&partsgroupid=706233&genericpartname=Manual Transmission Oil

Audi won't do it as they quote it as never needing replacing, reality is it does and any indy should be able to carry out the job just make sure they do it right and put in the correct stuff :icon thumright:

Reactions: Chrismawa
Good cold viscosity , I wonder what the actual spec is eg G 052 171 , G 052 911 ?

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Personally think millers is the best stuff on the market just put some of the cfs engine oil in mine :)

It's lookers Audi so that response does not surprise me at all frankly, unless you have a spanking new audi they just look down on us older audi owners.

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
I went down to my lookers audi in Guildford this morning for a pressure switch , they didn't have one but TPS across the road did.
When I asked why, they just looked down at me in a snooty way and said they don't cater for really old cars now, it is 13 years old so just go elsewhere for the part, I had words with them about the attitude they were taking and they just replied they cant work or deal with older cars , only new audi's…..what a bunch of muppets or what.
When I left I collared a sales rep about the price of a new rs4 avant and he said can I afford one , I replied, well that's my series 1 e-type parked there , what do you think....and walked out, they really get up my nose.

Similar situation to that Rob my mate and his (was) girlfriend went to heritage land rover as they wanted a range rover sport she has traveler backgrounds and he's a local kid that loves adidas lol so they walked in there tracksuit bottomed up and basically got asked to leave as they couldn’t afford one long story short they paid cash and drove away in a range rover putting a middle finger up to the guy that looked down on them.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Haha this reminds me of a similar situation at Exeter Audi some year's back!
Local business owner that still had his feet on the ground even though he was a multi millionaire walks in wearing his flat cap and overalls, he's gone in to book his car in for a service but he's turned up in a scabby white van. Whilst he's waiting to be served he starts eyeing up the new S8 of the time and gestures to a newbie salesman to come over which he does, he then starts asking about the car etc. At which point the little scrote abruptly cuts him off and whilst looking him up and down says "I really don't think you can afford this car sir" and just walks off!
Matey says nothing and leaves to return an hour later wearing a suit. He walks straight up to the sales area where there are now several salesman including the don of the team who looks up and smiles at the guy greeting him as he knows who he is and what he's worth, the guy then tells him that he wants to buy that brand new S8 whilst looking at the scrote but adds that he will only buy it if he sacks the little **** for looking down on him for being working class like all the people he employs and for assuming that he couldn't afford it :grin::laughing::tearsofjoy:
Apparently he sacked him on the spot :laughing:

Reactions: BakPak, Chrismawa, Ricky Burrows and 1 other person