Intercoolers

The Silicon is also available from eBay and isnt that good.

Ask if there are any makers marks on the intercooler cores? Their large one looks incredibly like the USA made one I have on my car, which is excellent BTW.

Yeah i was looking at these on ebay the other week and i considered getting 1 but didnt know if they were any good! My mate bought1 and he said its good! So whats everyones opinions on these?

Dave_Bayern Where did you get yours from? Have you got a link?

Cheers

danotto said:

With little knowledge of IC matters I'd say that looks like good value as the pipes, bends, and clamps are included, and if it's a purpose made A3 kit it should cut the fitting time down.

I wouldn't go for it personally as my cars a diesel and I'm not sure if the engine bay layout of my car will work with a kit designed for a petrol engined car?

Does anyone have a recommendation regarding a good supplier of silicone / metal pipes and bends?

to be on the safe side id go with samco, sfs or ths hoses they are meant to be pretty good look on ebay my friend

clcollins said:
With little knowledge of IC matters I'd say that looks like good value as the pipes, bends, and clamps are included, and if it's a purpose made A3 kit it should cut the fitting time down.

I wouldn't go for it personally as my cars a diesel and I'm not sure if the engine bay layout of my car will work with a kit designed for a petrol engined car?

Does anyone have a recommendation regarding a good supplier of silicone / metal pipes and bends?

Would a FMIC from a TDI150 fit? If so I'd be tempted to get one of them if I had a TDI. I don't think my old car suffered much from heat soak

james0808 said:
Why dont you make your own kit.
Measure what size space you have for your intercooler and buy one that fits,thats all i did.
Have a look........
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=26918

Nice one James0808, mine will be a DIY job, I'm going to go for the IC which is linked to at the top of this thread, only thing I was still looking for was tubing and sillicone pipe and your last post pointed me in the right direction, cheers......