Intercooler

DTYME83

Reaction score
I am planning on ordering my intercooler today. has anyone upgraded their intercooler for a Wagner or Forged Motorsport one yet. If so have you seen any noticeable performance gains and have there been any issues.
DTYME83

Wagner told me they aren't developing one for the S1 til late this year.

Here is the email I got from them.

Hello Robert, thank you for your inquiry.

Unfortunately the A1 IC don`t fit on the S1 frown emoticon

We`ll start a engineering for a upgrade IC for the S1 till the end of this year.

Best Ben ben@wagner-tuning.de [WAGNERTUNING]

So it would appear that information that was on their website was incorrect and the S1 was listed a couple months ago.
http://www.wagner-tuning.uk/audi-a1.html.
So it looks like I might to get the Forge Motorsport one.
I will still order my saches clutch in preparation for my Stage 1 map @Stuttgartrob
DTYME83

Last edited:
This is what i got from Sachs;

Audi S1 with 231hp motorcode CWZA, than the offer with the Kit 001422.999502

I'm not getting the Sachs going with a Spec Stage 3 when I do the turbo upgrade and everything else.

Have Spec manufactured a clutch yet. Also have you found anyone who has designed a turbo upgrade as of yet. @Stuttgartrob

They haven't made one yet but I have a friend that works for Spec in the states and they are suppose to have one by the Time I'm at SEMA this year. For the Turbo Upgrade the Revo Dealer here in Germany told me they could fit an Uprated S3/R turbo or one from TurboEngineers depending on what type of power I want. My goal is 420hp for this car.

Tell me more, you have got me worried now
SPEC are also looking to a clutch option as well.
I spoke with them last night. @Stuttgartrob

I used to own a Performance Shop in the US and I have ordered Forge parts for some customers and they never had the build quality of other companies. They might of changed over the years but I'm not taking the chance with my Personal car.

Told you about Spec and I also talked to Clutchmasters too but they weren't sure for the S1. When I'm in Vegas for SEMA here in a couple months I will put out more feelers for S1 parts being developed.

sorry what is SEMA? I think forged my have changed as a lot of the big tuning companies in the UK swear by them. @Stuttgartrob