Facelift Intercooler upgrade

Reaction score
Hi Chaps,

I've been pondering if it's worth upgrading the intercooler on my S3. I've had it Stage 1 mapped and had it like it for a year no issues, but just been pondering if its worth doing an intercooler upgrade to keep the engine running cooler.
I won't be planning to go Stage 2 or anything as Stage 1 ECU with TCU remap is plenty enough for me.
I've also been pondering if its worth getting upgraded oil cooler and oil catch cans as well?

What are the best companies to look at for intercoolers as there seem to be so many out there these days.

No need to be honest at Stage 1 - if you haven't an intake, I would go down that route

Do you track your car or drive hard? Again, no real need for the cooler or catch can

For reference, I have a Forge FMIC in my Stage 3 S3 and it was/is the best bang for buck - couldn't justify the money on a Wagner

I think you might be a little confused, it is better to call the intercooler a charge cooler, all it does is cool the air entering the engine so that it can get more air in per bang, cool air being denser. It will not affect the running temperature of the engine.