Intercooler sensor - do I need this?

DieselJake

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Pretty lost with this; bought one intercooler that doesn't have the sensor and another that has the sensor but it doesn't reach the port. Is the sensor necessary? Is there some form of loom extender or a pipe I can get with one in? What will happen if it is not plugged in?

Posted on the B6 side too but nobody replied :frown:

Ah right just released that probably doesn't make much sense. It's a 1.9tdi that comes standard with a single side mount intercooler and I bought a (bigger) full Darkside side mount intercooler kit (http://www.darksidedevelopments.co....i-pd130-asz-and-us-spec-bew-pd100-engine.html) but the wire to the sensor doesn't reach and I've also got a universal front mount intercooler kit off eBay which I could use instead but that doesn't have the sensor.

You can purchase certain plastic plugs, both male and female sides to make your own leads up. So you could either make up your own extension so you aren't cutting into your existing wires, or extend the original wires by cutting and soldering in new longer wires and finishing it off with some waterproof heat shrink. Or if you know someone that can TIG weld get them to put a new aluminium boss into the one that doesn't have on.

If it's not plugged in it will throw error codes and not run correctly if this s what the 1.9 uses to read boost pressure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't see why not as long as it's the same fitting and that you have room for it. Good luck pal!

Let us know how you get on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DieselJake