Intercooler hose coupling leak (1.9tdi AWX)

Steffgj

Reaction score
So the hose coming from the top of my intercooler (which attaches to the hard plastic pipe next to the oil filter housing) is leaking. The hose doesn't come off but the connection isn't snug. The seal and clip look in good condition.

Have read in a couple of places that the lugs that hold the hose securely in place can wear and cause the coupling to "wobble" about. As the coupling doesn't desperate from the hose it looks like a replacement is needed!

Does anyone know of a hard pipe kit for the AWX?
And is this the hose I need ( http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=121059512488 )
Or is that the lower inter cooler pipe?

Will try and get some pics tomorrow!

if your not planning on upgrading, then save some money and use glues and screws to your hearts content

I have exactly the same problem with mine and ive allready replaced one boost pipe at nearly a hundred notes and I know the one coming off the turbos quite common failure too so ive purchased a universal intercooler and pipe kit and will be fitting this at some point. The full kit only stands me at just over 100 pound.

That's common on nearly all TDIs, I think it's got to do with the seal inside that needs replacing however I think best thing to do is cut the metal off and use a fancy jubilee clip to hold it. I say fancy because it makes the engine bay look nice too.