Intercooler 1.4

.-Samuel-.

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is the intercooler in the A3 1.4 TFSI intergrated into the intake manifold?

If so how would i put a proper intercooler in? My a3 is running a hybrid turbo and i want to cooler it down a bit more

Thanks

Hi all,

Is the intercooler in the A3 1.4 TFSI intergrated into the intake manifold?

If so how would i put a proper intercooler in? My a3 is running a hybrid turbo and i want to cooler it down a bit more

Thanks

Hi

Which turbo are you now running and how much MHP are you now getting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its the standard turbo its just had a cold side hybrid conversion by midland turbo.

It runs about 185/190 bhp but had not been on a rolling road yet

Its the standard turbo its just had a cold side hybrid conversion by midland turbo.

It runs about 185/190 bhp but had not been on a rolling road yet

Thanks for the reply....where did you get that done?

Can I also have a link with information about it if you have it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply....where did you get that done?

Can I also have a link with information about it if you have it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got in done at Midland Turbo in nottingham. Cost me about £350 and you can drive it after its been done without a remap but the car slower.

A cold side hybrid will mean a bigger bore and a couple of other things. I ran it at 190 with the standard intercooler, now ive put annintercooler in I have now got it to 212 bhp

You have read correctly sir! I had a remap at standard and hit 142, then hit 185-190 with the standard intercooler but could tell it was not cooling properly and with a induction kit,intercooler,blow off and some bocanegra injectors it hit 212bhp but dont dare push it futher

Reactions: Max-Robbo and Scottyg
Could you write some more details please and possible some photos?

Which induction kit, intercooler, blow off.. etc?

I am in the same situation and others on 1.4 too that willing to do something like this..

Excellent stuff dude.. really!

Thanks!

Hi all I don’t know if anyone is still here from the previous chats but I can see that you all have been on the same page as me. I’ve got a A3 black edition 2017 1.4tfsi 150 stock. I’ve now got it up to 185 or 190 with a cold intake and stage 1 map. I’m now looking to go up to a stage 2 but I am struggling with getting and front mount intercooler. Does anyone now of any that will fit my A3?

thanks