Intake Upgrade for a Stage 2 ECU

Lau Chun Pong

Reaction score
Hi, I would like to ask is it a necessary for upgrade intake system on a stage 2 tuned ECU?
High flow filter (K&N) enough?

Typically an intake is required for a stage 2.

Mixed reactions to K&N on here - the oil from the filter damages the MAF - assuming you have a MAF

Funny you should mention that, the revo also has oil on it not as much as the k&n thought thats literraly drowning in oil

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Funny you should mention that, the revo also has oil on it not as much as the k&n thought thats literraly drowning in oil

Yeah I can't understand why the K&N causes issues but the REVO doesn't. My REVO was drenched in oil...

Yeah I can't understand why the K&N causes issues but the REVO doesn't. My REVO was drenched in oil...
Probably because the revo has 3 layer pf filter and sponge,apposed to k&n being just mesh and filter

The air has to travel a much further distance from the Revo cone filter to the MAF compared to the K and N panel filter. So maybe the distance is just too far for the oil to travel with the Revo?

S3 8V EA888 Gen3 Engine
Your in the wrong section bud this is for 2007-2012 a3/S3 8P chassis people over at at 8v will be able to help you as its completely different engine since you 2013/4+