Intake system modifications .

betaone68

Reaction score
At the moment only EVENTURI has made available a specific kit for 8Y version https://www.eventuri.net/products/audi-8y-rs3/ . Installing it without however turbo inlet does not make much sense https://www.eventuri.net/products/audi-rs3-ttrs-turbo-inlet/ . You arrive with a carbon tube of huge cross section at the bottleneck of the original turbo inlet . However, I am not sure about the reliability turbo inlet of EVENTURI made of carbon. Can't vibration and heat over time crack carbon ? I would have preferred an aluminum solution like that of REVO ( Zircotek painted aluminum ) https://www.onlyrevo.com/product-details/air-filter-intake-kits/25-tfsi-turbo-inlet-pipe
Do you have any information on the reliability Turbo Inlet Eventuri ?

Airtec have an intake out for the 8y too, I also saw in this forum few posts down that the IE carbon intake for the 8v fits perfect too.

Why not ask them directly, if they say no then you have it in writing if it does, although I understand & practise the logic fit once etc....

At the moment only EVENTURI has made available a specific kit for 8Y version https://www.eventuri.net/products/audi-8y-rs3/ . Installing it without however turbo inlet does not make much sense https://www.eventuri.net/products/audi-rs3-ttrs-turbo-inlet/ . You arrive with a carbon tube of huge cross section at the bottleneck of the original turbo inlet . However, I am not sure about the reliability turbo inlet of EVENTURI made of carbon. Can't vibration and heat over time crack carbon ? I would have preferred an aluminum solution like that of REVO ( Zircotek painted aluminum ) https://www.onlyrevo.com/product-details/air-filter-intake-kits/25-tfsi-turbo-inlet-pipe
Do you have any information on the reliability Turbo Inlet Eventuri ?

I had this concern, plus I didn’t like the way the Eventuri elbow fits to the turbo via an adaptor and jubilee clips, so went for the Revo, because it’s a direct bolt on fit.
45dc6e97d30a51e25e3809e0c52a584d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Daggerit
Yes the IE
I had this concern, plus I didn’t like the way the Eventuri elbow fits to the turbo via an adaptor and jubilee clips, so went for the Revo, because it’s a direct bolt on fit.

Only issue with the Revo is that you can't change the flange if you upgrade turbo's. Does Eventuri not provide a warranty? I hope they do for the price you pay and because I just bought one :laugh:

Is this the same one that’s marketed for the 8V.2 on their site? And is it compatible with the stock intake?

Haz motorsport does an apr intake with turbo elbow for just under 1k. For the previous rs3 tho. I did ask and they said fits new rs3 so i bought it. On back order unfortunately.

Haz motorsport does an apr intake with turbo elbow for just under 1k. For the previous rs3 tho. I did ask and they said fits new rs3 so i bought it. On back order unfortunately.

So I guess that means the 8V and 8Y ones are interchangeable then?

Is this the same one that’s marketed for the 8V.2 on their site? And is it compatible with the stock intake?

Yes but you’ll need a bigger hard pipe.

I’ve still got the Forge 3.5” in the garage and adaptors.

Yes the IE

Only issue with the Revo is that you can't change the flange if you upgrade turbo's. Does Eventuri not provide a warranty? I hope they do for the price you pay and because I just bought one :laugh:

I won’t change turbos though lol.

Warranty is a bit late if the turbo eats bits of carbon though.

Yes but you’ll need a bigger hard pipe.

I’ve still got the Forge 3.5” in the garage and adaptors.

Ah, yeah that makes things more expensive. I’ll just keep my eyes out for a system I guess since I’ve heard the elbow is the best thing to upgrade in the intake system for it to breathe.

So I guess that means the 8V and 8Y ones are interchangeable then?

I think some are straight swaps and sime will need some modification done.

I won’t change turbos though lol.

Warranty is a bit late if the turbo eats bits of carbon though.

Are there any further moifications or requirements needed for connecting a REVO turbo inlet to a Eventuri intake?

I ended up getting the Forge intake and hard pipe that was for the 8V. It was a pain to fit but got there in the end and everything works fine.

I ended up getting the Forge intake and hard pipe that was for the 8V. It was a pain to fit but got there in the end and everything works fine.

Any particular reason you didn't go for the REVO?

I've seen the REVO for sale at £485 with an additional 5% for new orders. Thought that was a decent price.

I've seen the REVO for sale at £485 with an additional 5% for new orders. Thought that was a decent price.

Not bad in the scheme of things. I got the elbow and hard pipe for less than that so worked for me. I assume you’ll need some sort of new hard pipe or adapter with the Revo elbow?

Not bad in the scheme of things. I got the elbow and hard pipe for less than that so worked for me. I assume you’ll need some sort of new hard pipe or adapter with the Revo elbow?

I’ve asked the question. But doubt if I’ll get a reply until after New Years

Are there any further moifications or requirements needed for connecting a REVO turbo inlet to a Eventuri intake?

Dunno I used their intake etc
7ee05280ca524d3cef58132552882152.jpg

33b7e1181b70cabadafa770b527ff131.jpg

Progressive Parts got back to me regarding the Revo elbow & couldn't confirm if it was suitable for the 8Y. So might might have to bite the bullet & get an overpriced Eventuri elbow to go with my overpriced intake :crying:

Progressive Parts got back to me regarding the Revo elbow & couldn't confirm if it was suitable for the 8Y. So might might have to bite the bullet & get an overpriced Eventuri elbow to go with my overpriced intake :crying:

It fits. I’ve spoken with Revo HQ about this last year, they have several cars running it already.

Reactions: Bckjag

Can I ask how you managed to fit the forge turbo elbow? I've tried all day on my 8Y and can't seem to get the elbow over the adapter once the adapter is fitted, did you have this issue also? I've ended up putting the OEM elbow back on this evening.

Can I ask how you managed to fit the forge turbo elbow? I've tried all day on my 8Y and can't seem to get the elbow over the adapter once the adapter is fitted, did you have this issue also? I've ended up putting the OEM elbow back on this evening.
There was a lot of swearing involved... I think that it took 20-30 minutes and I had to get my neighbour to come help by reaching in the top and pushing it on while I tried to get the silicone over the adapter. It was a total PITA, but it's possible.

There was a lot of swearing involved... I think that it took 20-30 minutes and I had to get my neighbour to come help by reaching in the top and pushing it on while I tried to get the silicone over the adapter. It was a total PITA, but it's possible.
Yes I can fully understand the swearing, my hands and arms are cut to pieces from trying to force it on! Right I'll give it another go this week then and call in some help. Thanks for the help

Yes I can fully understand the swearing, my hands and arms are cut to pieces from trying to force it on! Right I'll give it another go this week then and call in some help. Thanks for the help
I was definitely the same. If I hadn't had help I don't think that I'd have managed to get it on to be honest.

The worst fitting turbo elbow ever made

3715c034ac09898fcdce4305116a0b8a.jpg

08b456ded14d20524c6607acf619ca11.jpg

31eac17a26855dbcdc6fae71738738f0.jpg

ffdb266c73c1b006471897373f3d96bb.jpg

413457b4c31dfc71876a33d1be9364d0.jpg

963315df32d71dbdf5b7cd2e7caf80b9.jpg

9bdcc0c4eeb1563ae177cd6e16d86eb8.jpg

066dd5526c02166a57049c77e344dc9f.jpg

bf92f1fe6e1d51ee604f8adedb6c9de8.jpg

The worst fitting turbo elbow ever made

3715c034ac09898fcdce4305116a0b8a.jpg

08b456ded14d20524c6607acf619ca11.jpg

31eac17a26855dbcdc6fae71738738f0.jpg

ffdb266c73c1b006471897373f3d96bb.jpg

413457b4c31dfc71876a33d1be9364d0.jpg

963315df32d71dbdf5b7cd2e7caf80b9.jpg

9bdcc0c4eeb1563ae177cd6e16d86eb8.jpg

066dd5526c02166a57049c77e344dc9f.jpg

bf92f1fe6e1d51ee604f8adedb6c9de8.jpg

Mine didn't seem to kink like yours has in that one photo, but I agree it's generally a PITA to do. I wonder if the likes of the Eventuri or other hard elbows would be easier?

Mine didn't seem to kink like yours has in that one photo, but I agree it's generally a PITA to do. I wonder if the likes of the Eventuri or other hard elbows would be easier?

Garbage it went back straight away.

Revo fits nice with no issues.

Reactions: Dan_DJT and Daggerit