Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor Implausible Signal - Any Ideas?

AdamB8

Reaction score
Got the car scanned on VCDS today.. Threw up this fault code..

2968 - Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor (Blank 1) P2015 00 [101] - Implausible Signal.

Faultcode

Anyone got any ideas? I haven't noticed anything untoward with the car!

What engine have you got? Presuming 3.0 tdi v6? If so it is the intake manifolds connecting rod to the actuating motor worn or the internal flaps coked up. Just had both mine replaced. Not cheap though!!

Would of been an idea to say what engine it was! It's a 1.8 TFSI.. I haven't had it rescanned yet but it's been running fine, wouldn't think there anything wrong it but for scanning it

Just clear the fault and scan again in a week or so if it doesn't come back maybe just a spike and nothing to worry about.

Just in case it means something to you, "bank 1" is the first bank of a Vee engine and the only (cylinder) bank of a straight 4 (or 3) engine.

Hi Adam,

I have exactly the same issue with the same model/year. Also replaced my throttle body and ran the basic settings, but problem is still there. It disappears for a short moment when I clear the Fault from Memory. But comes again shortly.

How did you solve it...?

Is it mapped ? Are they mapped out? This code appeared when I had mine mapped out on a 3.0 TDI, I removed the flaps and the actuators the code then disappeared... Prob way off but worth a thought

What do you mean by mapped? Is there a way how to "learn" the flaps and sensor with VCDS? On the TFSI engines it is actuated with vacuum lines. So there is a magnetic solenoid to control the vacuum flow. The sensor should then report back the position.
That regulation seems not to work and hence the error, that the signal is implausibel.

is there a channel in VCDS where I can read the position of the sensor?
is there a basic setting channel so I can calibrate the flap/sensor flow?

Did any of you ever fix this? I have the exact issue, replaced my manifold without any luck. Is there anything I have to do with VCDS?

did you found
Did any of you ever fix this? I have the exact issue, replaced my manifold without any luck. Is there anything I have to do with VCDS?
I am very curious if anyone has fixed it and how, have the same problem

Based on OP's original fault code, it points towards the actuator itself needing replacing, rather than an arm range fault typically associated with wear of the arms and inner swirl flaps.