Insurer recomendations?

jedwa115

Reaction score
Likely to the proud owner of an S3 tomorrow!

Anyone got any recomendations on insurers? (I've got 9 points - from a previous life as a young stoopid GTI6 owner!)

Jon

Elephant are cheapest for me this time round - and they aren't harsh on modifications. I'm due to cough up tomorrow.

Admiral.... cheapest by far for a few years now.

Look on confused.com.

CJ

Admiral
Elephant
Bell Direct
Diamond

They are all the same company, they have always come out the cheapest for me

avoid esure,my mate had his vectra wrote off at christmas and had a job and a half getting courtesy car,money for car and also last week whilst watching footie the police phoned him about his car which had been used in a crime...esure told them he was still the owner /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Adrian Flux are cheapest by quite a way for me and they are also very good on mods. Wheels, Suspension and DV didnt alter premium, the only thing that has increased the premium so far is the remap which is fair enough.

Elephant, although service can sometimes not be up to scratch but consider how many accidents your gonna have. Hopefully none.

Considering my driving history my quote is pretty unbeliveable.

I was with Adrian Flux for a few years, but their prices went up every year. Not exactly my idea of no claims discount!

Admiral have been the cheapest for me for the last few years.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
try privelage also

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Privelage was only for posh people? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Only in half of yorkshire old chap, have mine with adrain flux just started second year it droped by about £300 this year dont know why startin to think that i got ripped off last year even though they were the cheapest.

[ QUOTE ]
I was with Adrian Flux for a few years, but their prices went up every year. Not exactly my idea of no claims discount!

Admiral have been the cheapest for me for the last few years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have always found Admiral and Adrian Flux to be the best. Though I know what you mean about Adrian Flux not reducing the premium.

After justifying Admiral can and will do it cheaper (by a considerable amount) with a couple of extra mods, they soon dropped the price and met the exact same conditions - result I'd say. It's obvious companies will try their best to screw as much money out of ya. With renewals they think 'well we were best last time, so the customer will not shop around' - wrong! I always have a look. I don't spend ages on it, I just look at the familiar companies and see who will drop the best and provide a good service.

I stayed with Flux as their breakdown and roadside assistance was much cheaper than anywhere else...let's hope I don't need it though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm with Adrian Flux.
Had a recent renew from them for £450.
Told them that Admiral had come in at £418 and Privilege at £416 and they dropped the premium to £411.
Been with them 11 years and they have ALWAYS beaten any quote I could throw at them come renewal time.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
try privelage also

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Privelage was only for posh people? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying i'm not posh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

I'm just about to switch over to adrian flux after 5 years with direct line.

I figure i should save about £400 (ish)

not to bad imo

AA/ AXA for me this year. Used to be Liverpool Victoria for a few years.

Chris.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
try privelage also

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying i'm not posh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

and me lol

Direct Line proved cheapest for me:

Male
Full NCD
No points
No recent claims
Remap declared
Girlfriend on policy (this made it a bit cheaper!)

Paying around £450 I think.

Im with Admiral on my S3. Im 23.

I have also been with Tesco's and Direct line on the S3. Direct line wouldnt let me make modifications to make you aware, hence why I went to Admiral

[ QUOTE ]
Direct line wouldnt let me make modifications to make you aware, hence why I went to Admiral

[/ QUOTE ]

Direct Line were fine with my remap, cost about £100 extra per year.

Try Noel Dazely, they just quoted me £575 + £250 excess. My renewal from privilage was £654 + £600 excess. Noel Dazely

It's a bit tricky comparing insurers in a thread like this, they will all be different depending on age, sex, convictions, no claims, mods etc. Whilst DL is cheapest for me, it may be the most expensive for others. So shop round whatever.

Cheers for all the input. First look came in at 700 ish - 28yr old, male, 9 points, Full protected NCD... Seems like the price of a holiday, but I get to have all year round fun!

Seems a lot of you are declaring remap's? I understood they were undetectable. So is everyone very very honest or is the undetectable thing a myth?!