Insurance..

Jampublic

Taking it easy..
Reaction score
So I am renewing my house insurance online, been told to try Marks & Spencers and I do! Anyway it 1/2 my old premium and i bought the insurance!:)

So I think i will get a quote for the car and see how they rate!

Fill in the relvent details £640 odd pounds, i then go back and add that i might fit spacers and then guess what the quote came back at £1440 pounds!

Dam M&S is great for house insurance, but mod your car and its not the place to insure your car!

:no:

I wouldn't trust online quotes for mods - much better to phone round. Sounds like M&S are just lumping any mod into a high risk category rather than evaluating the risk properly. They probably don't want to insure people who modify cars.

I used adrian Flux (broker), they found a company called highways the cheapest. Did the quote myself via highways website and it came in £200 more.

Bargin!!!!

monkeytrousers said:
I wouldn't trust online quotes for mods - much better to phone round. Sounds like M&S are just lumping any mod into a high risk category rather than evaluating the risk properly. They probably don't want to insure people who modify cars.

Fair point, i was simply checking out their prices! :detective2:

Thanks

garratt83 said:
I used adrian Flux (broker), they found a company called highways the cheapest. Did the quote myself via highways website and it came in £200 more.

Bargin!!!!
Hmm, I'd be wary about having a policy with Highway. I had one myself through a broker and after I'd taken it out I found out that they have somewhat of a reputation on car forums of being awkward if you ever need to make a claim. Made the conscious decision not to go with them next time round.

Obviously, we all buy insurance hoping never to have to use it - however you need to consider what might happen if you need to claim. I've only claimed from Elephant in the past - ok they messed me around at first but I got exactly what I wanted in the end.

elephant tried to tell me yesterday that my S3 was a facelift 225 2002 model when it was born in 2000 its a 210 and a pre facelift and they wanted to charge me an extra £300 on top of the £700 i told them where to go went to churchill and it was £670 for 12 month instead of a 10!

sitrials said:
elephant tried to tell me yesterday that my S3 was a facelift 225 2002 model when it was born in 2000 its a 210 and a pre facelift and they wanted to charge me an extra £300 on top of the £700 i told them where to go went to churchill and it was £670 for 12 month instead of a 10!

did churchill insure all your mods mate ?

yea thats what i thought, churchill dont normally like mods

how old are you if you dont mind me askin