Insurance!

Terminator x

Reaction score
So first year of renewal and quotes are close to £1k with £750 excess! Who are you guys using and what ish are your premiums?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Insurance this year seems to have jumped up quite a bit.
At the beginning of December I done some quotes as my renewal was the beginning January.
In December quotes started £400-£650 depending on excess.
Having refreshed those prices a fortnight later my quotes jumped to £800-£900 with excesses £650-£1150
In the end I insured with Chris Knott for £623 excess £350

Saga - £454 with business use, £400 total excess - CV34 post code, aged 61

So first year of renewal and quotes are close to £1k with £750 excess! Who are you guys using and what ish are your premiums?

TX.

Bit of an irrelevant question unless someone has the exact same variables and circumstances as your own.

Bit of an irrelevant question unless someone has the exact same variables and circumstances as your own.
Good to know what others are paying and with who nevertheless.

TX.

I am with the NFU for the 2nd year. On renewal I checked them against Aviva and they beat them by some margin. I have my car and the wife's Beetle with them. Total premium for both cars is a tad under £700.
Only thing is the excess is £1000 for theft on the RS4.
On the plus side the Beetle has just been repaired after an 'accident' with a post and there was no excess at all to pay. The claim was very straight forward too. We will have to wait and see how they load it in October at renewal.
Give your local branch a call, it is very good cover as standard and they do not charge interest on monthly installments.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Terminator x
Mine has actually dropped this year.
I normally do a comparison site quote from multiple insurers, and then phone my present insurer to price match or I will jump ship.
I do this every year, as the computer generated automatic renewal quote is always ridiculous, and you should never take it for granted.
(I do have to give them a poke with a cheaper quote from elsewhere)
But it works.
For the last 7 years I have used a company called one call insurance, and for me, these have always been cheaper..
And the fact I declared upgraded BBS 20inch wheels did not affect the premium at all, which is refreshing.

Last edited:
Wtf!

TX.

To be fair TX - I find that the annual renewals almost always go up whichever insurer you go with - so I always end up using GoCompare and MoneySupermarket to generate quotes. Once you have the list, for me anyway, it's case of selecting a company I've heard of before.

Reactions: Chris518, Terminator x and CHEZ
I just renewed my insurance for my RS4 yesterday, went with Churchill. Was £523 for the year. Thats with an SP50 speeding tiket and 3 points.

Reactions: Chris518
Have you tried audi insurance. I paid £563 back in May when I collected my car as they were a lot cheaper than Churchill who insured my old v8 rs4 at the time

Reactions: Terminator x and Andy3141
Have you tried audi insurance. I paid £563 back in May when I collected my car as they were a lot cheaper than Churchill who insured my old v8 rs4 at the time

No I completely forgot about Audi insurance, I just tried the usual comparison sites after my old insurer (esure) gave me a renewal price of £890 and told me that I would have to get a tracker fitted too. I will have a look at audi insurnace.

I have heard that deleting cookies can help with insurance quotes and comparison sites. Also near the end of the month is best as they have more than likely hit there monthly sales target so everything else is a bonus.

I pay £760 a year for mine with £500 excess

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I got it down to £600 in the end but had to work hard on the comparison sites. FYI the quote from Audi was very competitive for me at least, mucho surprised!

TX.

Reactions: Chris518 and cosmicblue
Well done TX. Sadly it's probably something you'll end up having to do every year.

Who did you end up with and how bad are the excesses. At least there are some realistic quotes still out to be found . Be interested to see what Audi quote me in 4 months time
Chris

I used Audi insurance when it was run by Allianz - it was both reasonably priced and Allianz were good to work with. An A5 Cab back then and had a collision with a driver who was overtaking on the wrong side of the road in Cirencester. It all went to court (interesting experience) I/Allianz won.

Allianz lost the Audi contract and the alternative was too expensive - it's good to hear that sanity may have prevailed.

TX.

Obviously not an RS4 but my insurance jumped again this year despite no claims and 10yrs+ NCD. Up at £750 now with £250 excess. Moved from Esure who wanted double for renewal to Admiral.

Reactions: cosmicblue and Terminator x